We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how far is it from st giles hotel to queens theatre?

england
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
how far is it from st giles hotel to queens theatre?

we are staying at the st giles hotel and going to see les miserables at the queens theatre. can anyone tell me if it is far to walk? also we will be arriving at kings cross how do we get to the hotel is it straight forward we havent been on a city break to london

London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how far is it from st giles hotel to queens theatre?

It's a really short, 10 minute walk. See here - http://goo.gl/maps/3hxIn

To get from Kings Cross to the Hotel, you'll need to take the following journey:

BEGIN: King's Cross St. Pancras.

Picadilly Line WESTBOUND

Change at Holborn

Central Line WESTBOUND

Get off at Tottenham Court Road. Follow this walking map, for a 3 minute walk to the Hotel - http://goo.gl/maps/5ut7y

It's all really easy. Let me know if you need any more help!

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how far is it from st giles hotel to queens theatre?

My friend usually stays at st.giles she gets a cab from kings cross about £6 - £8

From your hotel to the theatre it is about a 10 min walk.

Your hotel postcode is WC1B 3GH - the queens theatre postcode is W1D 6RA

I usually put the postcodes into routefinder and print off maps to take with me.

Invest in a mini map when you arrive they are only a couple of pound - and they are a fantstic help. I couldn't manage without mine.

I always pick up a tube map aswell and i use it with my mini map so i can plan my route to wherever we are going.

Take them home with you incase you decide to go back and at least you have them to look at at home. I refer to mine all the time when i know i am going to London.

I try to plan as much as possible before i go but if it's your first time you can ponder over the maps at your hotel.

You will love London it is one of my favourite places. Have a great time

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,593 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how far is it from st giles hotel to queens theatre?

I'd say it's more 25 minutes from KX to the St Giles Hotel than a 10 minute walk.

The bus journey from KX to St Giles Circus isn't a long one, and may take the same amount of time as the Underground journey. It has the advantage of not having to deal with stairs at Holborn and Tottenham Court Road stations (not to mention the busyness of that latter station).

Take any of the numbers 10, 73 or 390 from stop R, no more than two minutes' walk from KX arrivals: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/king… Alight at Tottenham Court Road, stop X: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/tott…

Walk to the junction, cross New Oxford Street but don't cross Tottenham Court Road. Turn right, as if you were going to the Dominion theatre, and you'll see the St Giles hotel ahead on the right.

Use one day Travelcards or PAYG on Oyster for journeys in London; cash single fares are usurious. Both Travelcards and PAYG are good for use on all modes of transport; if you use PAYG ensure you touch in and touch out where required (touch in only on buses). If you use paper one day Travelcards, just show them to the drivers when boarding buses.

There are hoardings in place at St Giles Circus, but walk around them then along Charing Cross Road to Cambridge Circus. Turn right at Shaftesbury Avenue and wander along there to the Queen's Theatre.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how far is it from st giles hotel to queens theatre?

The 10 minute walk was from the hotel to theatre.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how far is it from st giles hotel to queens theatre?

Well said hobnob1970 i was just going to say the same lol.

Edited: 20 February 2013, 01:34
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,445 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: how far is it from st giles hotel to queens theatre?

From your hotel, you might like to walk over to the museum and take the 14 bus to the theatre.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,482 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how far is it from st giles hotel to queens theatre?

From the hotel to the theatre yes a 10 minute walk if that. To get to the hotel definitely use either the buses outlined or a taxi**. That tube ride is not convenient especially with the change at Holborn, and won't be much quicker of at all than the bus.

** www.worldtaximeter.com is quoting £9.20 so I'd budget £9-11 for the cab, traffic depending.

england
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how far is it from st giles hotel to queens theatre?

thanks for your directions very helpful

england
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how far is it from st giles hotel to queens theatre?

thanks for your information will use the tips

england
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: how far is it from st giles hotel to queens theatre?

taxi sounds good to me as there are 3 of us works out quite inexpensive thanks for your reply