We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money exchange: Now or Later

Delawhere?
Level Contributor
296 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Money exchange: Now or Later

Hi all,

Not knowing what the exchange rate will do, do you think it would be wise to get some pounds now for a trip in November. I know the rate changes daily, but does anyone remember when it has gotten, significantly, better over a period of months. I kind of equate this to the current gas price situation. I just don't see prices coming down, hoping eventually they will stop climbing, but I think our days of gas for less than $2.50 gallon are over. So, should I buy pounds now and save a bit (tiny), or is there anyone out there who really thinks it might get better, and can recall a time when it did? I just filled my car up and it has put me in a mood!

One more thing please, I know the time goes back in October(?), so in mid-November it should still stay light out until when?

Thanks!

UK
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Money exchange: Now or Later

Sorry Pearls G

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Money exchange: Now or Later

That is So Funny.

somewhere in florida
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Money exchange: Now or Later

i think you lost me with that one gerlis

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,241 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Money exchange: Now or Later

My husband is an investment manager and economist and does not see the dollar recovering in the near future (this year), in fact, he thinks it could go lower. Apparently this is all to do with interest rates and Iran pricing its oil in euros.

UK
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Money exchange: Now or Later

Sory Countess.

The dollar not only wil lgo doawn but has since I last wrote Gerlis

16. Re: Money exchange: Now or Later

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 04:19