We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria coach station to covent garden

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Victoria coach station to covent garden

Can someone please tell me how to get from Victoria station to covent garden, I have about 3 hrs to spare before I head back to Victoria. Thank you .

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,451 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Victoria coach station to covent garden

No 11 bus, alight at the Southampton Street stop and walk through.

Enter '11' into the box and click 'Go' to bring up a route map; this will show you the exact location of the stops.

www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/

If you need to pay a cash fare it is £2.40 each way.

Edited: 20 February 2013, 10:07
London
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Victoria coach station to covent garden

If it were me, I'd get the circle or district line to Embankment or Temple station, and then walk to Covent Garden from there.

London UK
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Victoria coach station to covent garden

Take the District Line westwards to South Kensington, and there change onto the east bound Piccadilly Line and exit either at Leicester Square or Covent Garden Station.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,558 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Victoria coach station to covent garden

I think the bus would be the best option, you will see Westminster Abbey, Houses of Parliament, Whitehall and Trafalgar Square on the way. South Ken is in the opposite direction and you won't see much on the tube. The 24 from Charing Cross Road will take you back to Victoria as well.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,392 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Victoria coach station to covent garden

I agree with the bus suggestion. The 11 stops close to the coach station which means you don't have to walk from the coach station to the underground (not far but can be a bit confusing if you've never been there before). The route, as a poster above noted, takes you past a lot of the interesting sights in the area.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Victoria coach station to covent garden

Although, I agree with the bus option as the most direct route however, I would be to walk down to the bus terminal about five minutes down the road and jump on the no:38 which is one of the most regular buses around, one every seven minutes and you can either get off at Piccadilly Circus and walk to Covent Garden through Leicester Square or get off at The British Museum stop and walk down Dury Lane.

Rochester, United...
Level Contributor
333 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Victoria coach station to covent garden

Tube - Victoria Line to Green Park change to Picadilly Line to Covent Garden.

Takes about 15 - 20 minutes and you are in the middle of Covent Garden when you leave the tube station.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Victoria coach station to covent garden

Thank you for all your suggestions. I do the bus idea which will enable me to see a few sights. Thank you.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Victoria coach station to covent garden

The advantages of taking the number 11 are that you need not deal with the crowded Underground station at Victoria, and that you can board the bus in Buckingham Palace Road, away from the masses who flow in and out of the station: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…victoria-120113.pdf

For the return journey, board the bus at stop J in the Strand: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/char… The views from the upper deck really are quite impressive as the bus travels along Whitehall.

Newport, United...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Victoria coach station to covent garden

hi, i am going to london victoria station in 2 weeks, need to get to a hotel on queens street in covent garden. do i get the number 11 bus? and where do i get it from? also where do i get off? never been before thank you