We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a car in London

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Lupton...
3 posts
Save Topic
Renting a car in London

My plane lands in Heathrow and I need to rent a car. I'm not sure I want to drive in London itself. Any suggestions where to rent and how to get there?

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,625 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Renting a car in London

You can take a bus straight from Heathrow to Oxford, and then spend the night there and hit the Cotswolds the following day (after renting a car and getting a good night's sleep).

www.oxfordbus.co.uk/main.php?page_id=24

Your destination in North Wales might be on a train or bus line if you can narrow it down for us a bit...

Fort Lupton...
3 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Renting a car in London

I have an appointment in Wales first, then Cotswolds. Just the way it worked out. . I did think about flying into Manchester, but I'll be leaving from the south.

Thanks for the help

Brisbane Australa
Level Contributor
3 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Renting a car in London

I have rented from Europcar a number of times .. you get on their shuttle from the terminal and it takes you to the rental office on the edge of Heathrow. From there you pick up the car and drive out via the M4. Very easy

14. Re: Renting a car in London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 05:16