We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London shopping area info ???

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
938 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
London shopping area info ???

My London itinerary allows only one afternoon for any sort of shopping excursion. I know there are so many interesting shopping streets to explore but I need to narrow down my choices by necessity.

I am interested in British designers for women's clothing. ..things that are contemporary but not "way out"....nothing extreme....things that will work for daytime or business.

Also...would like to be able to browse through 1 or 2 high end department stores.

So which neighborhood would be most efficient with these goals in mind??

Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London shopping area info ???

The west end. Selfridges will have the high end designers under one roof. House of Frazier also a good department store, marks and spencer for more affordable clothing. Oxford street and regent street full of High street fashion. You will find smaller boutiques in soho and covent garden.

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
938 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London shopping area info ???

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.

london
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London shopping area info ???

Jaeger (jaeger.co.uk), which is on Regent St, just below Oxford Circus, Reiss (reiss.com), which is just off Oxford Circus behind Urban Outfitters, LK Bennett (lkbennett.com) & Hobbs (hobbs.co.uk),which are both in House of Fraser, are shops you might be interested in.

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
938 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London shopping area info ???

Thanks, Hickney. I have added those names to my list and will be mapping out my route.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
2,949 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London shopping area info ???

I was going to say Westfield at Shepherds Bush as they have a designer area called The Village.

But I wonder if you might be better off at Oxford Street and then perhaps South Molton Street and a quick trip to Carnaby St for something different.

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
938 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London shopping area info ???

I will have to research all these possibilities.

I really have only about 3 hours in my schedule for this plan. And I still haven't yet figured out how I'm going to make my husband a willing participant.

Thanks again.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London shopping area info ???

I'm sure he can enjoy a quiet drink somewhere.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
2,949 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London shopping area info ???

Drop him off at the Apple Store or in the tech department at John Lewis ;).

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London shopping area info ???

Hi, here's the best of both worlds.....you go shopping at Harrods and drop the hubby downstairs at their Green Man Pub! Works like a charm for me, :)

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
938 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: London shopping area info ???

What great minds!!

And DH loves the Apple Store. And as a matter of fact, I was at the Apple Store here in Florida last week and the person assisting me said his favorite Apple Store in the world was the one in London!

But I'm sure DH could find some entertainment around Harrods as well.