We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelcard on Heathrow Connect

Monza, Italy
Level Contributor
6,373 posts
173 reviews
Save Topic
Travelcard on Heathrow Connect

Hi all. On the Heathrow Connect website, there is written that zone 1-6 Travelcards are not valid between Hayes & Harlington and Heathrow Airport. It sounds strange to me, but this statement makes me think that it is possible, with a travelcard zone 1-5, to travel from Paddington to Hayes & Harlington. Did I get it right?

Thank you very much.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,359 Reviews
from US$130.80*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,129 Reviews
from US$139.50*
US$155.00
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
517 Reviews
from US$118.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from US$348.40*
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,377 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelcard on Heathrow Connect

Yes, you can travel from Paddington to Hayes & Harlington with a zone 1-5 travelcard. It's only the stretch between H&H and Heathrow Airport on which you cannot use a Travelcard; if you want to travel on to Heathrow you must buy an extension ticket before boarding the Heathrow Connect train.

London UK
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelcard on Heathrow Connect

Yes, the Heathrow Connect extension fare from Hayes and Harlington to Heathrow is £5.60, but from Paddington to Heahrow is £9.50 single. Unless your hoitel is near to Paddington, it is easier and cheaper top travel by Tube and the fare to Zone1, using Oyster card, is £3.

Mentioned in this post
Harlington
Harlington
Bedfordshire, UK
London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelcard on Heathrow Connect

The 140 bus takes 20 minutes from Hayes & Harlington to Heathrow.

As red buses are zoneless you can use your zone 1-5 Travelcard to Heathrow on the 140 even though Heathrow is in zone 6

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelcard on Heathrow Connect

If I understand correctly I can travel from London Paddington [PAD] to Hayes & Harlington [HAY] in zone 5 with the Heathrow Connect TRAIN using 1-5 travelcard. Right?

Or is it only valid for the tube and bus or also for the train?

Thank you

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,504 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelcard on Heathrow Connect

All Travelcards include National Rail train use in the paid for zones, so you may use a zones 1 - 5 Travelcard on Connect from Paddington to Hayes & Harlington. handfordr's advice about the 140 bus is useful, as that journey is included in all Travelcards, regardless of zones purchased.

Here's the spider map for buses from Hayes & Harlington: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/haye…

6. Re: Travelcard on Heathrow Connect

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 06:17