We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

easter sunday in london

Grimsby, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
easter sunday in london

always wanted to visit brick lane area in london. we are coming to london on easter sunday but i am thinking that many shops/eateries and market may not be on. Does anyone know if this is the case.

if this is the case what can we do on Easter sunday in london?? any suggestions ? we have done camden many times before

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,864 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: easter sunday in london

Have a look at www.visitlondon.com for a variety of events over the Easter week-end in London. There are some Easter Egg hunts taking place and events at some of the Royal Palaces.

The famous Cambridge/Oxford boat race takes place this year on 31st March (Easter Sunday).

London
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: easter sunday in london

Large shops are required by law to close on Easter Sunday. However, that is pretty much the only thing that you will notice that is different to usual. Note that Brick Lane is a predominantly non-Christian area, so I'd be very surprised if anyone around there does very much to mark Easter at all. This topic has come up several times recently, so it would be worth searching "Easter" in this forum.

I had not realised that the Boat Race this year coincided with Easter. The route certainly does not pass anywhere near Brick Lane, but it may be worth noting the route so that you can avoid spectator hotspots. I found myself in Hammersmith last year on Boat Race day (I'd not known that it was happening) and it was horrible.

Grimsby, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: easter sunday in london

thanks for those replies really helpful

4. Re: easter sunday in london

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 07:15