We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Windsor Castle - visit on Saturday or Monday?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
938 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Windsor Castle - visit on Saturday or Monday?

For a day trip from London in late spring, I have time to visit Windsor Castle on a Saturday or on a Monday.

A Saturday visit fits into my plans better. But I'm concerned about weekend crowds. Would it be a better choice to visit Windsor on a Monday? (I will have advance purchase tickets.)

Thanks

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Windsor Castle - visit on Saturday or Monday?

The daily tour coaches on their Windsor/Stonehenge/Bath conveyor belt will arrive at 9.45am, just as the castle opens to the public. So the busiest time is morning. The busiest of them all will be Saturday morning......but Saturday afternoon will be less busy than Monday morning.

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
938 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Windsor Castle - visit on Saturday or Monday?

Thanks for the information. Maybe we'll walk around the town late Saturday morning and visit the castle after lunch on Saturday. Thanks again.

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Windsor Castle - visit on Saturday or Monday?

Make your visit on a day when they are changing the Guards at the castle. It's once every 2 days in winter and then daily in summer - I'm not sure when they switch over but people here will know that.

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
938 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Windsor Castle - visit on Saturday or Monday?

Hi, Glyn1, I was thinking about exactly that. But I have a tight schedule and might have to make some compromises and not get to see everything on my list. But I definitely plan to check out the schedule.

Thanks again.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,383 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Windsor Castle - visit on Saturday or Monday?

Visiting Windsor Castle:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186419-c157824/Winds…

Getting there by train:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186419-c157699/Winds…

I think Monday might be a better day to visit, however remember that there is a bank holiday in late May (May 27).

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
938 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Windsor Castle - visit on Saturday or Monday?

Thanks for these links. I won't be visiting on the bank holiday.

My instincts tell me that Mondays would be less crowded since it's not the weekend. But as an earlier poster pointed out, whatever day it is, when the tour buses arrive, it's always a bad time.

Saturday would be more convenient for me. I may try for Saturday afternoon.

Thanks again for the help, LauraRW.

7. Re: Windsor Castle - visit on Saturday or Monday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2014, 07:16