We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best fast-food/take-away chains in London?

Toronto
Level Contributor
54 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
best fast-food/take-away chains in London?

I've browsed all kinds of food-related websites, and have heard great things about Pret-a-Manger, but I'm wondering if anyone has any other fantastic fast-food chains to recommend...?

(I say "chains" because I'm looking for places with multiple locations in the city, as opposed to just a single locale.)

Thanks in advance!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,256 reviews
from US$127.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
456 reviews
from US$105.70*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,085 reviews
from US$150.00*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$302.10*
US$335.60
london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,488 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: best fast-food/take-away chains in London?

Yes, Tiffin Bites is delicious, and convenient for several tourist attractions in the City. It is an Indian takeaway chain, but with real Indian home cooking, not like a curry house. You get a stack of little pots, say, one with meat or fish curry, one with vegetables and one with interesting rice. There are a few seats in the shop or you can take away. They will heat them for you if you are not going to somewhere with a microwave. They make their own excellent naan bread and their own pickles. I wish they would open some more outlets.

UK
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: best fast-food/take-away chains in London?

Mr Cellophane masterly your contribution

PaM is owned by Mac D Gerlis

london
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: best fast-food/take-away chains in London?

It owns 33 per cent of Pret a Manger, I think.

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: best fast-food/take-away chains in London?

If you are in the City of London, particularly around Moorgate. You 'll find Tiffin Bites behind Moorgate tube & opp. Liverpool Street station.

The uber M&S on Moorgate now has hot food to take away from the basement food hall.

paris london
Level Contributor
2,899 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: best fast-food/take-away chains in London?

Itsu (Asian/Japanese, run by the Pret folk) and Maison Blanc (French-style patisserie with sandwiches) are my picks for a quick lunch.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
540 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: best fast-food/take-away chains in London?

Pret is good, but they dont have the butitional information on their sandwiches which I find stressful, their hot chocolates are yummo!

Greggs is awesome, ate too many lunches there when I wasliving in London, recommend their roast chicken pasty type thing... Mmmmm...

If you like vegetarian food and are around oxford st there is red veg which is awesome (its just off oxford st, usually a guy with a sign where you have to turn)...

And of course M & S, really really beautiful sandwiches - better then anywhere else in my opinion...

love and light...

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
386 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: best fast-food/take-away chains in London?

Here's another big vote for EAT. They are everywhere, and wonderful. And Tesco Metro can't be beat. Take-away pie shops are great, but go to the ones with the long lines.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: best fast-food/take-away chains in London?

Bookmarking this one. Good info, ya'll. Thanks!

19. Re: best fast-food/take-away chains in London?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 12:16