We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good hotel for 2 adults + girl of 13

Montreal SS
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Good hotel for 2 adults + girl of 13

I will be travelling to London in late June and am looking for a decent 3-star hotel. It would be a real plus it it didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks in advance.

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good hotel for 2 adults + girl of 13

works-to-travel: If you click on London Hotels (upper left), you can search for hotels by star rating, price and location. If that's too overwhelming, do let us know how much you are willing to spend per night.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good hotel for 2 adults + girl of 13

The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel offers family-type suites. The 13-yr-old would have a separate sleeping area. Located near Paddington Station. Rate includes Full English Breakfast and a fridge/safe in each room. Highly recommend.

Check their website for current deals or email them directly and make them an offer.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,356 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good hotel for 2 adults + girl of 13

Salut, Montreal! You might try the UK Travelodge chain, which offers rooms at £26 as a special rate. This offer is for a limited number of rooms, of course, but you might be able to nab one. www.travelodge.co.uk

The Premier Travel Inn chain also has rooms for about £80 per night, which isn't bad for central London in summer. www.premiertravelinn.com

By the way, if you've been going through the many pages of hotel reviews on this site, you'll find a lot of hotels proclaiming themselves to be *** - whereas they'd not get more than * (if that) in North America. The reviews can be exceptionally telling, esp about some mid-range properties.

Montreal SS
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good hotel for 2 adults + girl of 13

Thanks so much for responding so quickly. I've spent the last week searching and clicking and clicking. What I've learnt is:

(1) No hotel meeting my sister's criteria exists in London (at least , not on this planet );

(2) I haven't a clue what to expect to pay for a comfortable bed (i.e., the kind my sister would find in the US) in central London;

(3) If you're traveliing with a child, it doesn't matter what kind of room you search for on most web sites--twin + extra bed, triple, chicken coop--the results are rooms for one or two adults;

(4) Some hotels think 3-year-olds are on the brink of adulthood and charge accordingly.

Thanks for the hotel names, I'll check them out.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good hotel for 2 adults + girl of 13

So you were able to cancel the other "bait & switch" hotel then?

Is your child 3 or 13?

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good hotel for 2 adults + girl of 13

Take a look at the Brent Cross Area thread. I posted bumff from the Travelodge & Premier Travel Inn web sites about family rooms.

You may get lucky & get one of the screamingly good deals in a central London location.

Look out for Premier Travel Inn at London Southwark & London County Hall AND Travelodge High Holborn. I posted something about these earlier today, but cannot remember the thread title.

So search on recent posts for moi to retrieve.

Montreal SS
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good hotel for 2 adults + girl of 13

My daughter is 13.

I'm cancelling the other hotel after I complete my complaints to the UK authorities concerning what I believe to be misleading pricing and false advertising.

Thanks for the responses. And for the hotel names!

8. Re: Good hotel for 2 adults + girl of 13

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 11:21