We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near Victoria Station

Santander, Spain
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels near Victoria Station

I will be travelling through London ths summer, transferring from Gatwick to Stansted airports with a good day in between (I arrive a Thursday morning and leave a Friday evening). I've been reading the posts about travel between the two airports and am thinking that spending the night near Victoria Station might be a good option. I'm hoping that someone might be able to recommend a hotel within walking distance of the station

I'm travelling alone and would prefer an inexpensive hotel, say in the range of 25-50 pounds - I don't mind a shared bath and don't need a lot of space, but I do want a nice, clean room. Any suggestions? I've been to London before, so I'm not in any rush to see sights - just want to enjoy a day in the city.

Many Thanks!

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,233 reviews
from US$125.50*
Best Seller
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
439 reviews
from US$104.40*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,069 reviews
from US$148.10*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
628 reviews
from US$100.10*
Malta
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near Victoria Station

I believe it would be hard to find a hotel room for less than £50 anywhere in London. Maybe you could try Travelodge and hopefully hit on some of their offers.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,986 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near Victoria Station

Generally speaking once you go below £50, you are in the lap of the gods quality wise.

Near Victoria there are a number of pretty awful places that may look okay from the outside. One exception is The Luna & Simone in Belgrave Road. It's a clean, family run hotel about a ten minute walk from Victoria. They have basic single rooms from £35-£45 that includes VAT (Tax) and cooked breakfast. The James & Cartref Houses in Ebury Street (slightly nearer the station) is another good choice but may be slightly more expensive.

You could also choose to stay near to Liverpool Street station which is where the Stansted Express train runs from but a midweek date is less likely to show up any good deals.

3. Re: Hotels near Victoria Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 10:41