We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Pass worth it?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
London Pass worth it?

We are strongly considering the London Pass to tour the sites for a 2 day pass. It seem you really have to be on the move to get your moneys worth. We were considering Royal Walk, St Pauls, Tower Bridge and Tower of London on Day 1. All these alone would cost 35GBP and the Pass cost 29GBP for 1 day, 42 GBP for 2 days. However, I am not sure we can get all that in for Day 1 and if we don't, there is no savings. Day 2 we would do Kensington Palace, Marble Arch, Westminster Abbey and Jewel Tower, London Aquarium. That all would cost 25 GBP is we got it all in. Therefore, my dilemma is I could play it safe and pay possibly 60 GBP or buy a 2-day London Pass for 42GBP and hop I get it all in. Any suggestions......HELP!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,268 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Pass worth it?

I think your second to last thought is the key. Should you "hope to get it all in?"

Personally I think the London Pass ties you to attempting to cram the sights in and therefore will not allow you to experience those blissful London moments that often come from just wandering the parks and streets. I think you have to ask yourself how badly you want to see something.

From a purely practical point of view you could just about do day one without the Royal Walk and day two would not be too difficult although I would subsitute the The London Eye for the Aquarium. Marble Arch itself is a photostop and no more and would in fact be slightly out of your way.

Hope that helps.

California
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Pass worth it?

FYI Wastminster Abby is not on the pass.

Cypress, California
Level Contributor
33 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London Pass worth it?

Nole

I am doing 4 days in London 6/9-6/12 and with good advise from trip advisors I purchased travel cards Online in the States. London travel cards cannot be purchased in europe. They are mailed to your home in the states.

They have 1 day passes for 11 USD, which is good for zones 1-2 on the tubes and zones 1-6 on buses. Or 3 day passes for 27 USD. They do charge a shipping charge of 15 USD.

this is the rail europe web site:

raileurope.com/us/…london_travel_card.htm

Enjoy your vacation ; )

4. Re: London Pass worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 11:23