We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in March

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Topic
Weather in March

Hi, We are going to London with 2 kids from March 22 to March 28. What to know what to expect as far as weather is concern and what time is the sunset??

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,911 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in March

www.timeanddate.com for sunrise and sunset times. As far as potential weather, the answer is the usual: no one knows. Ideally late March should see warmer days and cool nights, but it could be cold and frosty or sunny and warm, if not all of those within one 24 hour period.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in March

what to expect as far as weather is concern - we would love to know, if you find out, pass it on.

This time last year we had a week of blazing sunshine, in the parks eating ice cream, this morning I have got up to minus 2 degrees, a howling gale, and snow.

When we say we do not know, we are not being difficult, honestly,

WE DO NOT KNOW. ;-0

Dallas, Texas...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in March

I too will be traveling to London the end of this month. I have been tracking the weather on my phone which now says snow or 50 degree (not sure of Celsius). My question is if the 50 degrees is rather chilly or more so warm? If you know what I mean 50 degree weather can be a tad deceiving.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in March

I do know what you mean, it depends on the wind chill factor, factor in the strength and direction of the wind, I am on the East Coast here, below freezing on a bright still day can be pleasant, this morning there is a strong wind off the sea and snow showers, it is definitely very unpleasant!!

Wind is not so much a factor in London as you can always get out of it.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,849 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in March

< what time is the sunset?? >

Around 6:00pm local time - the same as the rest of the world at that time of the year

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in March

Sunset on March 22 is, within a minute or two, exactly the same time in London as in Los Angeles - and everywhere else in the world. 6 pm, God's time

The only oddity about London in this respect is that it's the only major city in the world where, at the spring equinox, God's time and official time coincide exactly. Lesser cities (by definition, all cities other than London) mess about with their official time. From the end of October to the end of March, official time in London corresponds to the rotation of the earth, so that at the spring equinox the sun rises at 6 am and sets at 6 pm

But however described, the hours of daylight at the spring and autumn equinoxes are identical absolutely everywhere on earth.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,513 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in March

Some countries or parts of countryies are way off their proper time (ie in terms of where the sun really is). Spain, for example, is on central European time, which means Western Spain is two hours out, three hours out in summer time. France 'should' be on GMT, in fact more of the Meridian passes through France than in any other country in Europe, but that too is an hour ahead, two in summer. So it's not unreasonable to ask what time the suneset is in a particular city.

Edited: 11 March 2013, 11:32
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in March

Well, right now in central London it's snowing and only just above freezing.....

Oxford UK
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in March

I'd advise bringing clothes for all seasons, and checking regularly (like, hourly!) on bbc.co.uk/weather. The myths about 'British weather' really are all true!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,849 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in March

The UK does not have climate. Nor does it have seasons. It just has weather which is dispensed by someone with no idea what they are doing.