We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling from heathrow airport to premier inn waterloo

Mumbai, India
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
travelling from heathrow airport to premier inn waterloo

we are reaching heathrow airport at around 1pm.we have our accomodation at premier inn waterloo westminister. We are confused as to whether take the tube or hire a cab.Which is a cheaper option?We are 2 adults and 1 child. Apox how much will the tavelling time be?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,233 reviews
from US$125.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
439 reviews
from US$104.40*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,069 reviews
from US$148.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
628 reviews
from US$100.10*
London, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling from heathrow airport to premier inn waterloo

I would estimate a black taxi to take approximately 45 mins-1 hour on average traffic costing approximately £70 or so. The price is a guess based on taxis from nearby Westminster to my home in West London.

However, I would recommend London Underground. Take a picadilly line and change at any of 4 or 5 stations and pick up the district line to Westminster. Stunning views when you exit the station and a nice walk across the bridge to County Hall. It's about the same travel time when including the short walk but will come in below £25. Obviously it's worth reading up about Oystercards or travelcards should you be using public transport during your stay.

My only exception to this would be if carrying large luggage as this can be troublesome entering and exiting tube stations. Weekend bags or small cases however are no problem.

Edited: 12 March 2013, 08:09
London, United...
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling from heathrow airport to premier inn waterloo

The recommended station to change from the Piccadilly line to the District line is at Hammersmith. Just exit the tube train and cross over the platform and wait for the next District line train - no stairs or escalators to negotiate.

Edited: 12 March 2013, 08:44
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,471 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling from heathrow airport to premier inn waterloo

Choices are:

Car service (prebooked minicab) around £35.

Or

Tube. Piccadilly line to Hammersmith for cross platform change to District line for Westminster tube station. Take Exit 4 (Bridge St), turn left, walk across Westminster Bridge toward Park Plaza hotel. By the Park Plaza, turn left into York Road, the PI is on your right (across the road).

Tube fares are a max of £11 for the adults + £2.70 for a child aged 11-15, less on Oyster. If your child is under 10, he/she travels free.

Edited: 12 March 2013, 08:50
elsewhere
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling from heathrow airport to premier inn waterloo

This is driving me crazy, We are a family of five. arriving in Heathrow and staying in County Hall. I would prefer to take a taxi to the hotel rather than going through all the tube gyrations .... but I don't know if a taxi can accomodate five people with one suitcase each. :-(

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,471 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling from heathrow airport to premier inn waterloo

newtoplaya - you should just request an MPV on a cab company booking engine. The quote from Just Airports (one company there are others), is £50:

www.justairports.com/instantEstimate.asp

But it really is a very easy trip by tube, unless you have very small children or anyone with genuine mobility problems.

6. Re: travelling from heathrow airport to premier inn waterloo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 05:16