We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arsenal Match

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Holladay, UT
Level Contributor
3 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Arsenal Match

I'm going to an Arsenal Match. Should I take the wife and kids? And what age is age appropriate? (I imagine it depends on which section you sit in, but all I know is I'm long-side, upper-deck.)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,467 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arsenal Match

Don't worry. They need all the support they can get. Just so long as you don't suffer from agoraphobia.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
27,907 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arsenal Match

>> I'm going to an Arsenal Match. Should I take the wife and kids? <<

Are you sure? Do you have a ticket (they are hard to get)? If YOU have a ticket, what about the wife and kids? How are you going to get tickets for them, and would they be sat next to you?

You can't just show up outside the Emirates and expect to get in. Most Arsenal matches are sold out. You need to go to the Arsenal FC website and see if there are (any) tickets available for the match you have in mind.

http://www.arsenal.com/tickets

And don't think about buying from touts/scalpers or on the "secondary"market. It's illegal to sell tickets for football matches that way.

Edited: 13 March 2013, 08:10
Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arsenal Match

If you already have the right number of tickets and are just wondering who to give them to, then by all means take the family. There are always plenty of kids at the matches. The language of the supporter's chants may be a bit fruity at times, but otherwise there's nothing to worry about. If you just have the one ticket and are planning on buying more for the family, don't assume that they will be sat next to you, as this can generally only be arranged if you buy the tickets in one go.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,730 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arsenal Match

Arsenal is not particularly rowdy unless it is against Tottenham or Manchester United. I wouldnt take kids who are very young as I think they will likely lose interest. The seats you have are the most expensive in the stadium.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arsenal Match

Arsenal and Chelsea offer stadium tours. Maybe those are better for kids

Bushey, England
Level Contributor
317 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arsenal Match

Just be aware that not all football fans are Eton educated and can be prone to the occasional French. What I mean is, while the upper tiers are not as hardcore as the fans behind the goals, you should be prepared for some coarse language. Even at the Arsenal.

As indoshakespeare has suggested, a stadium tour would be better for young kids.

7. Re: Arsenal Match

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2014, 05:17