We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Anniversary - Afternoon Tea

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Wedding Anniversary - Afternoon Tea

Hi Guys,

As part of my wife and I's first wedding anniversary I want to book afternoon tea. Now having never really experienced this before, I have done quite a lot of research and come up with a list of places - unfortunately most of them are booked! Serves me right for leaving it a month before to book (although I thought that was plenty of time! Maybe a man thing?).

I have been able to book reservations at the following places:

The Langham

The Connaught

Fortnum and Mason (last resort)

The following I have tried but are booked:

Athenaeum

Claridge's

The Dorchester

The Lanesborough

The Savoy

The Ritz

Does anyone have any other suggestions to try or an opinion on which would be better - The Connaught or The Langham?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,133 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding Anniversary - Afternoon Tea

The room where tea is served at the Connaught looks lovely.

elsewhere
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding Anniversary - Afternoon Tea

Hi Patel1984 ... Happy Anniversary!

These places do book up early. Last month, I had a difficult time booking The Ritz for July. What is up with that? But they did manage to squeeze us in to celebrate our twin daughters' birthdays.

I have seen several posts on this forum from people who recommend The Langham.

Best of luck.

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
812 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding Anniversary - Afternoon Tea

Just tok my Mum to the Grosvenor House Hotel for afternoon tea. It was lovely and the staff were great. They replenish the sandwiches, cakes and scones as well so didn't need to eat that night!!

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding Anniversary - Afternoon Tea

You could also try the Prêt-à-Portea at The Berkeley..

Out of The Connaught and The Langham I'd definitely go with The Connaught, it is lovely

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,533 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding Anniversary - Afternoon Tea

I booked afternoon tea at The Ritz back in Nov for May - by Jan all the tables were fully booked. Have a look at www.afternoonteaonline.com for lots of choice.

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding Anniversary - Afternoon Tea

Thank you :)

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding Anniversary - Afternoon Tea

Any more opinions on this?

8. Re: Wedding Anniversary - Afternoon Tea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 16:41
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding Anniversary - Afternoon Tea

The room where tea is served at the Connaught is very nice (if smaller than it appears in photos) however I wasn't impressed by the service when I had tea there in November - had to wait 40 minutes for the table and ee didn't get any top ups to our tea ( only realised this after we'd left!) on the other hand I've been to the Langham twice and enjoyed both times.

10. Re: Wedding Anniversary - Afternoon Tea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2014, 05:16