We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Luton International to domestic connection

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
208 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
London Luton International to domestic connection

Hi,

My son will be arriving at Luton from France and departing from Luton to Glasgow. The flights have been moved and so he will have 1 our 20 minutes to get from international touch down to domestic departure. Is this enough time for the connection? Is there any help you can give about directions etc?

As FYI, arriving Ryanair from Nimes, Departing Easyjet to Glasgow, hand luggage only.

Many thanks,

J.

Bushey, England
Level Contributor
317 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Luton International to domestic connection

Luton airport is small. From Arrivals it's around 1 minute to walk to the escalators to Departures. I'm assuming his ticket is electronic and he has a print out of it for good measure.

scotland
Level Contributor
208 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Luton International to domestic connection

Thanks,

Yes his ticket is electronic and he will have paper copy. And may I commend you on your profile pic.

Thanks,

Jim

Bushey, England
Level Contributor
317 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London Luton International to domestic connection

I think that's downtown Luton.

Here's Luton Airport's fancy 3D interactive map.

http://www.london-luton.co.uk/en/terminalmap/

He'll arrive from the bottom left corner, go past Costa, veer rightish past M&S (or through if cheeky) and then a sharp left, walk 30 yards and then left up the escalators to ticket check and security.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,666 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: London Luton International to domestic connection

Just to point out that your son doesn't have a connection, he has two separate flights and the only person responsible for him catching the second flight is him. If he fails to catch the flight for any reason his only option would be a brand new ticket

London
Level Contributor
9,306 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London Luton International to domestic connection

You appreciate this is high risk. There may be a delay on the inbound. There may be a queue to clear immigration. Easyjet may close boarding 30 minutes before departure - they don't usually close that early but they're within their terms and conditions if they do decide to refuse customers who arrive later than T-30.

Not a travel plan I would be comfortable with, not at all.

scotland
Level Contributor
208 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London Luton International to domestic connection

Hi Movilla,

Just one question...When the plane lands, is it typically a walk from airplane to terminal or is it normally a bus form plane to terminal? I've booked a front row seat into Luton and a priority security pass for the onward journey to be sure.

Regards,

J.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,554 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London Luton International to domestic connection

It's usually a walk rather than a bus. 1:20 is still awfully tight though.

scotland
Level Contributor
208 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London Luton International to domestic connection

Yeah it is tight, but with a front seat on arrival, and a priority through security, hopefully everything will be fine, fingers crossed! And if it doesn't come off...lesson learned.

However, many thanks for help and advice from all, and i'll be sure to post how it went after the trip.

Regards,

Jim

London, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London Luton International to domestic connection

Luton airport is a small airport. It doesn't take too long to clear the customs. The main problem is if the first plane will be or not delayed.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
2,430 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: London Luton International to domestic connection

I am a (too) frequent flyer through Luton and agree that it's tight, but he should make it. If the incoming flight is on time, and he clears customers and immigration quickly enough, it's not far at all. Note that they are very strict on one bag only at Luton security, so if he's bought anything airside in France and it's in a separate bag, that will hold him up. Easyjet boarding cards always state that the gate closes 30 minutes prior to departure, and "if you're late, we won't wait". In reality this depends on when they start boarding the aircraft - I've seen people (red-faced and panting, obviously) still getting on ten minutes before the scheduled departure. But don't count on it.....