We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest hotels to walk to catch eurostar

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bundaberg, Australia
Level Contributor
206 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Closest hotels to walk to catch eurostar

We catch the 7.30 train and we are a group of 11 so need to be at st pancras at 6.30 am so would really rather walk a few minutes than try to get enough taxis for 11, mytravel agent wants to put us in holiday inn kingcross ,but i am sure we can. Get something closer,thanks for your help, (my 76 yr old parents are with me)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Closest hotels to walk to catch eurostar

premierinn.com/en/…london-kings-cross

http://www.jesmonddenehotel.co.uk/

Edited: 14 March 2013, 23:24
Bundaberg, Australia
Level Contributor
206 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closest hotels to walk to catch eurostar

Thankyou i will check them thanks

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,168 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Closest hotels to walk to catch eurostar

I'd ditch the travel agent.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,911 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Closest hotels to walk to catch eurostar

The HI King's Cross is not handy for St Pancras, as it's a five to seven minute bus ride from King's Cross station; from the bus terminus it's a four or five minute walk to Eurostar departures.

Along with the Jesmond Dene and PI in York Way, consider the PI Euston Road. The Crestfield and Alhambra are two hotels near the Jesmond Dene that may be suitable as well.

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Closest hotels to walk to catch eurostar

Sounds like your travel agent is a bit of a dud, putting you in the Holiday Inn sends mixed signals about your budget.

The area around St Pancars has about 30 hotels within about 800 yards, most of them budget orientated.

At Weekends some of the 4 stars like the Pullman, even the Hiltion Euston can bring their prices down to near budget chain hotel rtates.

If you are a group of 11 you may find it hard to get everyone in one of the cheaper independent hotels.

If you are a group of 11 adults your hotel requirements may be totally different to if you are 2 family groups incliding toddlers.

The California Hotel has rooms that can take up to 6 in a room.

Edited: 15 March 2013, 07:33
Bundaberg, Australia
Level Contributor
206 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Closest hotels to walk to catch eurostar

Yes ,i am a bit over the travel agent,We are a family but need 6 rooms ,7 week holiday with family you need some alone time,I dont think the agent has travelled to london and she reads the blurb from the hotels ,doesnt do much checking,as for price around 150 pd per room would be good ,a clean and good bed,thanks for the suggestions and yhink I will google and pick one and if she cant book it i will have to,I started with the travel agent only because i preferred to only give my credit card details to one company not many hotels and airlines all over britain and europe,but i just dont know now.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
782 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Closest hotels to walk to catch eurostar

Look on www.booking.com - do a search for King Cross, then click on the map on the left of page, enlarge map, moving mouse over red beds will show prices and availability etc. at the same time you can see exactly where hotel is situated to St Pancras

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
782 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Closest hotels to walk to catch eurostar

Forgot to add, first and only time I used a travel agent in Melbourne I was booked into HI Kings Cross, noticed lots of tour operators use HI's

9. Re: Closest hotels to walk to catch eurostar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 04:17