We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somewhere to stay near London

Newcastle, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
Somewhere to stay near London

My husband & I will be in UK for 4 weeks but in the middle he is going to Antwerp for 2 days.

Can anyone suggest a nice town close to London where I can stay with the hire car while he catches a train to London. I was thinking maybe Oxford, although we will have been there for 2 days earlier.We will be coming from Wales & then heading towards Cornwall.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,273 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Somewhere to stay near London

Richmond is a pleasant borough outside central London www.totallyrichmond.co.uk

The District underground line operates into central London www.tfl.gov.uk

Accommodation www.venere.com www.wotif.com www.vrbo.com www.ownersdirect.co.uk

www.visitlondon.com

www.visitbritain.com

Car rental www.autoeurope.com.au www.auto-europe.co.uk

Route planner www.viamichelin.com

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,165 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Somewhere to stay near London

Where are you coming from in Wales? Is there something you want to see that he's not interested in?

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Somewhere to stay near London

Hello Shay. If you are going on to Cornwall, and assuming you are a driver, how about setting off on the journey to the West country and meeting up with him at one of the many places en route which can be reached by train? Bath is an obvious choice but you could also look at Exeter, or somewhere smaller like Wells, from where you could easily get to the station at Taunton.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Somewhere to stay near London

Can anyone suggest a nice town close to London where I can stay with the hire car while he catches a train to London.

--------

Why is he catching a train to London? Do you mean London airport, or is he catching Eurostar from London? If the latter, what time is it, because if its early morning some places will be difficult for him to get in from in time.

5. Re: Somewhere to stay near London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 05:17