We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

basic itenary for easter trip, your thoughts appreicated

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bradford
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
basic itenary for easter trip, your thoughts appreicated

my 14 year old daughter and I are travelling to london on the 2nd april from yorkshire, i have put together a basic itenary and would appreciate your thoughts.

Tuesday 2nd April

Arrive at kings cross at 130pm

head to london central tower bridge travel lodge

Get a bite to eat at nearby weatherspoons before checking in at 3pm.

Check in get showered and head out to see wicked for 730pm taking a walk down the river (is this a little ambitious)

After show tube back to hotel

Wednesday 3rd April

check out of hotel

head to tower of london (using tesco vouchers)

walk down river to ride the london eye

walk to covent garden travelodge taking in sights on the way (again is this an ambitious walk)

after check in head to hard rock cafe old park lane for an evening meal.

Thursday 4th april

head to camden market

afterwards visit some of the shops on oxford street, then head to leciester square.

Friday 5th april

stay in covent garden area unitl 12pm check out

depart kings cross 1448.

We plan on packing as lightly as posssilbe hopefully using a back pack each. Would i be best using oyster or travel card for myself, i am thinking travel card for my daughter as she would need the photo oyster card.

Thanks in advance>

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: basic itenary for easter trip, your thoughts appreicated

Looks a good itinerary to me except for one point - what will you do with your luggage on the Wednesday? Also the Tower to the Eye to Covent Garden is a fair walk but certainly doable, and a good way to see the main sights like Westminster, Whitehall and Trafalgar Square en route. You also pass Downing St which, as she will probably have seen it many times on TV, your daughter might well like to see for real.

bradford
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: basic itenary for easter trip, your thoughts appreicated

we plan on keeping our luggage with us, a medium sized back pack, if we travel lightly.

bradford
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: basic itenary for easter trip, your thoughts appreicated

Just a thought but if we get to the tower of london for opening time at 9am will we make it back to the hotel for check out at 12? is 3 hours long enough there?

4. Re: basic itenary for easter trip, your thoughts appreicated

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 March 2013, 18:35
Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: basic itenary for easter trip, your thoughts appreicated

Recalling our last visit, the TOL is one of those places where you need a minimum time but could then spend as much or as little extra as you want. Three hours will let you see most of it, the only problem might be if you want to see the crown jewels. We went in the week after New Year and there was a very long queue, I expect it will be worse in the summer. I might add it was so cold we didn't stay, but the rest of the Tower was fascinating, well worth the cost of entry. Make sure you take one of the Beefeater led tours - very informative and funny. To give you a taste there are some excellent clips on YouTube

It might be worth getting there before 9 as I suspect that in summer the queues for tickets might take a chunk out of your time,

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: basic itenary for easter trip, your thoughts appreicated

you could always catch the tube back to save some time.

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: basic itenary for easter trip, your thoughts appreicated

My sister and her teenage daughters did something similar last year - stayed at the same hotel and went to the same Wetherspoons before checking. This big brother did mess up on some of the planning for her but here goes anyway.

(1) There isn't a riverside walk along the north bank of the river, unlike the south side, so take the tube to Temple station and walk to your theatre from there.

(2) You are going to Camden Market in north London, which is a good choice for a teen, but Spitalfields Market is nearer your hotel and also worth a visit as is Covent Garden market.

(3) Do make a note to check back here a week before your visit in case anything special is happening cos there usually is.

PS If you have Tesco vouchers then you can swap them for discounted train tickets at www.redspottedhanky.com Stupid name but very useful website.

Edited: 15 March 2013, 19:37
8. Re: basic itenary for easter trip, your thoughts appreicated

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 05:18