We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which area for my situation?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Marysville
Level Contributor
241 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Which area for my situation?

I really need the experts help!

My daughter (24) and I will be visiting London mid May for 3 nights. We are coming to visit family that are located in the East and West areas outside of the main City.

We have been to London several times before and have seen most of the must-sees which we throughly enjoyed.

This trip we are looking for an apartment in a location that has a grocery store and pubs/restaurants, the streets do not roll up at 5pm. We will arrive on Friday and depart on Monday

I am having trouble deciding which area is better for us to have liveliness nearby.

Choices:

Shad Thames

Islington

Hannersmith

Soho

Chelsea

Earls

Bayswater

Chelsea Harbor

Pimlico

I know this is all over the place but we have only stayed in hotels before.

Also, I am looking to book with One Fine Stay. Any comments or warnings?

Thank you in advance and please don't beat me up too much.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,123 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which area for my situation?

Shad Thames isn't bad. There is a great deal of Islington from which to choose; knowing a street or road name would help. Same thing can be said for Hammersmith and Chelsea. Earl's Court near the station is certainly worth a look. Chelsea Harbour isn't exceptionally handy for transport. Bayswater and Pimlico I've never warmed to, although a lot of people like both.

Without knowing where in east and west London family are it's difficult to say what might suit. If you have links of the flats you are considering, please post them.

Marysville
Level Contributor
241 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which area for my situation?

The family we are visiting is in Watford and Liford or maybe it's Iiford. I know one's on the east and one's on the west. Two totally different areas. We are looking for an area that is not too residential.

I will post the links from One Fine Stay tomorrow.

Thanks so much:)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,123 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which area for my situation?

Watford is north of London, Ilford definitely to the east. Trains from Euston travel to Watford; it's Liverpool Street station for the journey to Ilford.

Marysville
Level Contributor
241 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which area for my situation?

Thank you TravellerePlus. That is great info and was going to be in my next set of questions.

5. Re: Which area for my situation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2014, 04:18