We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Onefinestay London

Mackay, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Onefinestay London

Has anyone stayed at St Pancras Chambers 3 property? It is apparently in the same building as the Marriott hotel. I was wondering about noise from train station across road. Any other suggestions for family of 4 (19 & 15 year old siblings). Any advice appreciated! Will be in London for 10 days from early December 2013.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Onefinestay London

Some other options for flat rental here: https:/…

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Onefinestay London

I don't know that particular property but i can vouch strongly for onefinestay. We used them for our 12-day Oct 2012 London vacation, and it was flawless. Service was unfailing, provided options for pre-filled groceries, maid service, and included free iphone for our use during the vacation.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
1 post
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Onefinestay London

I fully agree with the post above. Onefinestay's service was really great (we used them during our stay in London in Nov.2012) , and although the apartments are pricey, they are good value for London. We would not hesitate to book through them again!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Onefinestay London

We used Onefinestay for nine days this May. The flat at Buckingham Gate was very very tiny -- it looked larger in the photos, but we ended up getting used to it and enjoyed the excellent location. If there description says small, I would recommend that you find out how small, we had no place to store our four suitcases (we had been on a 21 day cruise). There were a couple of issues with plumbing and the pull out bed the first evening, but Onefinestay addressed them both quickly and efficiently, keeping in contact with us constantly to make sure everything was fine.

The company kept in touch with us by way of the Iphone they loan for the duration of you stay. I'm very happy with them and wouldn't hesitate recommending them and will use them again when we go to New York in October.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Onefinestay London

Be very careful of this company, they are clearly not as professional as they would like to appear, we had our booking cancelled by them less than 4 days before we were due to arrive, they did offer another place but this was not appropriate for our needs and this did not fulfil their contract by offering alternative 4 star accommodation within 2 miles of our selected property. They did refund our money, but did not offer any compensation or assistance in looking for alternative albeit out sourced accommodation at such short notice.

Christchurch, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Onefinestay London

We used Onefinestay after another company (ratedapartments.com) cancelled our long-standing booking at the last minute. Could not fault Onefinestay; they were incredibly professional throughout the whole process. I would definitely use them again.

Mirabel, Quebec...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Onefinestay London

Because the travel agency we used to book our trip to Europe was not able to secure a room for us in London I had to revert to OneFineStay very, very last minute.

I have only one warning to give. When you select an apartment/home/room to rent, that accommodation might be booked by arrangement, which means that a representative from Onefinestay needs to get in touch with the owner of the place in order to confirm availability. So because it shows as available on the web doesn't necessarily mean it is really available.

However, I need to say that the service we got was very professional. They went to great lengths to find us a place that would accommodate the 5 people in our family. They got us a charming home with 4 bedrooms, nicely appointed. The representative was waiting for us in the home when we got there.

On the plus side, the iPhone that comes included with their service is phenomenal for us Americans. We could use it for local calls, Internet searches, Google, GPS, even find restaurants with recommendations from the home owner.

So all in all, very good service. I recommend.

Dubai, United Arab...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Onefinestay London

I would strongly recommend against OnefineStay. While the idea is nice, and the managment of onefinestay has been very professional the following are some of the issues we faced on our Flat 3, 11 Bolton Gardens Stay:

- The owner of the apartment had locked out most of the cabinet space leaving us only one small cabinet in the main bedroom. OnefineStay tried to help by providing some type of hangers to be placed in the middle of the room - Not a pleasant site for a GBP 435 per day rental

- The owner of the apartment then accused us of causing floor scratches, which we clearly did not cause. We had to walk barefoot in the apartment.

The idea sounds great, but the hassle is too much.

Moscow
Level Contributor
45 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Onefinestay London

Onefinestay was great when we stayed in London this summer, I see that there could be problems with some owners..

Luckily we didn't have those.

Los Angeles...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Onefinestay London

We used Onefinestay for our 5 night London vacation and at best it was a mixed bag. I believed I had done my homework, researching the company and the apartment options but after arriving at our rental it was clear Onefinestay has invested heavily into the best promotional placements and the most flattering photography of each apartment. In hindsight based on our experience These are the questions I would ask before renting.

Is this a non smoking apartment ?

What is the exact size of the apartment ?

Why are there taped drawers and closets ?

When do they release the security deposit ?

What if I arrive and the apartment doesn't meet the expectations based on Onefinestay's online representation

And I would get all answers to these questions in an email from Onefinestay

I'd be happy to address any questions based on our experience if possible