We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions for a Sunday

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Questions for a Sunday

Can I buy a seven day travel card for my husband if I have a picture of him. Will it activate if it's in my bag?

If the weather is nice on the SundayAM he arrives we might take the boat from the pier at Waterlooo to Tower of London pier. If not is the RV1 bus from Waterloo or the tube Westminster to Tower Hill preferable?

Should I buy the 2 for 1 or is it worth it to spend the extra to buy advance tickets and pick them up at the window, knowing we'll still have to wait for the Crown Jewels?

My plan after the Tower is to walk through Spitafields and the Tayyabs for an early dinner.If he's too tired after the Tower of London what would be a nice non-chain restaurant for a Sunday eveing meal that's not fancy and doesn't need reservations heading back to Westminster or Waterloo?

Thanks TALF!

BHB1

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,558 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions for a Sunday

A Travelcard is active from the day you ask for it to start.

You only need a photo if you buy your TC from a National Rail station if you want to take advantage of the 2 for 1 offers.

If you mean will the gates recognise an Travelcard if it is in your bag, then a TC bought from a National Rail station is paper and won't work on the touch pads. An Oyster card will be recognised if it is about 1/4 inch from the pad, so you don't have to take your one out of your bag to use it.. If you keep your husband's more than a couple of inches from the pad, then it won't know anything about it. Either way, it doesn't matter if it recognises it or not, it won't cost you any more.

2. Re: Questions for a Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2014, 04:16