We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best luxury hotel and location in London

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best luxury hotel and location in London

Looking for a luxury hotel in the best location in London early April. Never been before and staying 3 days. Want to shop and sightsee around the city. Any ideas. thanks

London, England...
Level Contributor
2,553 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best luxury hotel and location in London

Claridges. Without question.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best luxury hotel and location in London

Traditional, modern, boutique, spa etc ?

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best luxury hotel and location in London

Just top of the line - like four seasons style. luxury. area. service. no b & B's

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best luxury hotel and location in London

is claridges a hotel or area?

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best luxury hotel and location in London

so, thank you for the recommendation. I got a few, 45 park lane, the berkeley and claridges. any tips.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,101 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best luxury hotel and location in London

If you want an American chain then there is a Four Seaons. There are many high end hotels in London and it's difficult to say which is 'best'. Claridges (which is a hotel ) would be up there, as would The Goring if you want something a little more understated and British than the Four Seasons.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,032 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best luxury hotel and location in London

45 Park Lane is definitely up there (although pray Justin Bieber isn't staying at the same time. Probably not given recent shenanigans). You could look at the Corinthia or the Wellesley (the latter very new) as well. And look at the TA reviews for more suggestions. If money is no object a river view suite at the Savoy would be rather nice.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best luxury hotel and location in London

I think the best hotels in London are the traditional ones. Claridges as mentioned would be on my list along with the Lanesborough, the berkeley, the langham and the Connaught.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,635 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best luxury hotel and location in London

In another thread, you mention you 'do not like old, gothic, boroque, fancy and stiff.' To that end you might prefer something more modern like the Bvlgari Hotel rather than an older and more traditional English-style property. The St Martins Lane Hotel may appeal as well; given the choice between that and the Bvlgari I would choose the former by a mile.

The ME Hotel is a newly opened property in the Aldwych, and may be just what you want.

Edited: 28 March 2013, 22:52
Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,454 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best luxury hotel and location in London

Check the reviews, see what people say about these. I was surprised at what was said about some of the traditional & respected high end ones. I think it must depend on whether you stay in a bog standard room or one of the suites.