We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ashes - the Oval (London)

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newfoundland and...
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Ashes - the Oval (London)

Can anyone tell us what the preferred seats would be for a good, close up view of the cricket being played at the Oval in London this year? We are totally unfamiliar with the oval and hope to resist having the sun in our eyes, and hope too that we can get a good view of the players and field without being too far back or too much to one side. What are the best seats? Any reply would be great - thank you.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Ashes - the Oval (London)

>> I still think you'd be much better of at a big T20 game. That's a fast-paced format, whereas test cricket is for purists/nerds. <<

I agree. It finishes in a short space of time and you get to see both sides bat and bowl.

Personally, I think test cricket is best watched in front of a TV with all the mod cons within arms reach. :-)

Also, test matches are max 5 days. They can be over in 3, so if you have tickets for Day 4 or 5, you might not get to see anything.

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ashes - the Oval (London)

Google 'barmy army' before you go!!!

Newfoundland and...
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ashes - the Oval (London)

Thank you for the info. - About the link you sent - have already checked it out and will return again from week-to-week. Any idea where these games might be located? Presuming they are in England - is there a particular county? Or is it all to be decided on later? Many thanks for the link again -

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,290 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ashes - the Oval (London)

If you want to stay in London then there should be one day/20 20 games at The Oval and Lords. But I've never thought of cricket as a city game, and at that time of year there will be festivals where the counties decamp to less urban surroundings for a week. Keep an open mind, continue checking and you will have a great day out.

Mike

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,679 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Ashes - the Oval (London)

If you let us know the dates you are here and free to go to a game then we can check and advise accordingly.

16. Re: Ashes - the Oval (London)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2014, 07:16