We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Taxis and Cars ... anyone here had experience with?

Southern...
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
56 reviews
Majestic Taxis and Cars ... anyone here had experience with?

Hi,

We ( my sister, her daughter and myself ) are flying into Heathrow at 5am from Australia in October and the original plan was to hire a car at Heathrow and drive to the Cotswolds.

I've been told that it's a bit of an effort getting to the car hire places and driving out of Heathrow at the best of times so not sure I want to tackle after 20+ hours travel. Soooo.... my next plan is to get a car service from Heathrow to Oxford and hire a car from there for the short drive to Broadway.

I have searched extensively and found Majestic Taxis and Chauffeur Driven Cars www.heathrowtooxford.com and they seem to be not only the cheapest but don't charge extra if the flight is delayed.

Just wanting to hear of others experience with this company, they do have a pay upfront when you book policy.. not sure if this is a pro or con!

Appreciate any ideas.

Southern...
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
56 reviews
1. Re: Majestic Taxis and Cars ... anyone here had experience with?

Think I posted at the wrong time so... bump!!! Anyone??

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
24,151 posts
77 reviews
2. Re: Majestic Taxis and Cars ... anyone here had experience with?

I don't think getting a car to Oxford to hire a car from there is going to help that much if it's still after a long flight tbh. The problem will be driving so soon after a long flight and with jet lag, period. You might as well hire from LHR, save the extra expense and hassle and get cracking. It's easy to get onto the M4 and from there onto the Cotswolds.

There is a bus service from LHR to Oxford in any case. If you want to book a car service this thread cover the main ones that people have used:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k488…

Edited: 03 April 2013, 11:32
Southern...
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
56 reviews
3. Re: Majestic Taxis and Cars ... anyone here had experience with?

Thanks parklandwalk for your reply.

My sister did drive out of Heathrow about 10 years ago and she insists it was easy enough but I had a friend do it last year and she said it was horrendous. Right from having to catch the shuttle to the car hire place, waiting an hour in line to fill in paperwork and get the car and then having so much traffic to battle through whilst trying to read signposts.

I am a fairly confident driver but I live in a small town with no traffic lights and know after a long trip my patience and attention span may not be suited to heavy traffic conditions.... I would really rather just have someone usher me to a car and take me out of the chaos. A half hour drive from Oxford will be way more my speed!!

I have checked lots and lots of companies that do Heathrow to Oxford and was just wondering if anyone had heard of this particular company. As for the extra cost there are 3 of us sharing costs so works out not a lot more than catching a bus anyway.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
24,151 posts
77 reviews
4. Re: Majestic Taxis and Cars ... anyone here had experience with?

Fair enough but navigating the ring road round Oxford can be no picnic either and you're likely to be hitting at a busier time. See list in link for cab companies.

1 post
5. Re: Majestic Taxis and Cars ... anyone here had experience with?

We used the meet and greet service from Heathrow to Newbury in May. Our flight was 45 mins early but the driver was waiting in arrivals and he was very helpful with our heavy luggage. The Mercedes taxi was clean, spacious and comfortable, thoroughly recommended.

Toronto
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: Majestic Taxis and Cars ... anyone here had experience with?

My friend has recently moved to Warwick (about 1-1/2 to 2 hr. drive from Heathrow) from Canada. I suggested to her that I was planning to use them when I come visit later this month. She has tried them, her husband, and another friend. They all would wholeheartedly recommend them - no problems at all.

tokyo
1 post
2 reviews
7. Re: Majestic Taxis and Cars ... anyone here had experience with?

Hi i have used them last Xmas time ,they were very good ,will cost you a bit more for them to actually meet you at the terminal exit right when you come out ,but its worth it . Very nice driver no extra costs .And you can pay by PayPal

Ramat Gan, Israel
Level Contributor
5 posts
875 reviews
8. Re: Majestic Taxis and Cars ... anyone here had experience with?

I found their serice to be wonderful. the drive was on time, drove safely and was very kind.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
65 reviews
9. Re: Majestic Taxis and Cars ... anyone here had experience with?

My colleagues and I use them regularly for both business and personal trips to London and Oxford areas. I have been very impressed and extremely pleased with their service and would recommend them highly.

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
10. Re: Majestic Taxis and Cars ... anyone here had experience with?

Hi, we used Majestic, in June/July 2013. Travelled from Brisbane to London, our flight was early, we arrived at 5am, driver was waiting for us just outside customs. Our return trip was from Brighton to Heathrow, driver was slightly late due to traffic, however sent a text to advise us of this. Would highly recommend them. Excellent service and very affordable, we will use them again next time we visit the UK.