We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Cheap" Heathrow Taxis....beware

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
Save Topic
"Cheap" Heathrow Taxis....beware

Booked one called Cheap Heathrow Taxis" online. Received confirmation, booking ref etc etc. but, they didn't arrive. Phoned them. They couldn't find my booking reference or name. Waste of time and money. Get what you pay for I guess (it was going to be £36.00)

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,264 reviews
from US$126.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
461 reviews
from US$105.20*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,087 reviews
from US$149.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from US$300.60*
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,669 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Cheap" Heathrow Taxis....beware

At least you hadn't paid anything so you didn't lose your money.

If 'cheap' is of the essence, there are far better ways of getting into London than by taxi. A single journey by Underground from Heathrow to any station in Central London is £5.50.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,665 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Cheap" Heathrow Taxis....beware

As well as the tube, there are plenty of generally well reviewed car services posted on this forum. Check this thread for a selection of them.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k48869…

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Cheap" Heathrow Taxis....beware

Do not use this cab company it's a scam!!!!!!

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Cheap" Heathrow Taxis....beware

Warning Do not use this cab company it's a scam!!!!!!

Booked a 8 seater cab. They never turned up. Tryed to call them but when they answer it says you don't have creidit to make this call. The scam works by people paying on line then you can't contact them to get your money back.

London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,130 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Cheap" Heathrow Taxis....beware

KatyMack and Mrwimpy - Your warnings would be more effective if you could quote the actual cab company's name and/or phone number and/or website. While a number of cab companies may use "Cheap Heathrow Taxis" as an advertising slogan, I can't see one that is actually called by that name.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Cheap" Heathrow Taxis....beware

I can!

http://cheapheathrowtaxi.co.uk/

7. Re: "Cheap" Heathrow Taxis....beware

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 12:21
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Cheap" Heathrow Taxis....beware

Any business that advertises itself as being "cheap" would raise a question mark for me. Why are they cheaper than anyone else? - because, generally, they don't deliver the goods, have poor service, poor communications and poor reliability, as borne out by KatyMack's experience here.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,325 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: "Cheap" Heathrow Taxis....beware

Another thing to note with this particular company is that they don'r provide a contact address.

This makes me instantly suspicious.

10. Re: "Cheap" Heathrow Taxis....beware

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 12:19