We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

distances? please help!

Estonia
4 posts
Save Topic
distances? please help!

Hello i am coming to london quite soon,but i know very little about distances between zones and how to get form one zone to another and is it more reasonable to go with a bus or tube(if i am not the richest one)

actually i want to know how long it takes with a bus to get from Wood Green(zone 3) to Hammersmith, which is very far from wood green and in zone 2 on the other side!

and is it sensible to go to work from so long distances?

thanks in advance!

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: distances? please help!

Wood Green to Hammersmith would probably take 45 minutes by tube.

It would not be an unusual commute for London - at least it is all on one line so you always get a seat going home!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,152 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: distances? please help!

Tube (as RE says) is indeed the only practical way to travel between the two places. According to the Transport for London website, the bus journey (Number 29 then 10 changing at Tottenham Court Road) would take I hour and 50 minutes compared with around 40 minutes on The Piccadilly Line with no changes.

La Rochelle
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: distances? please help!

Tube all the way - buses (although suitable for short hops and late at night when there's less traffic) take for ever to get anywhere in daytime.

Having said this, if you're really tight for money, you may want to consider taking a bus as a bus pass will be cheaper than a tube pass, but you have to allow extra time for commuting.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: distances? please help!

You will need a zone 1-3 pass, as although you start in Zone 3 and finish in Zone 2 you pass through Zone 1.

London
Level Contributor
562 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: distances? please help!

To avoid the long tube journey and the associated expense, why not look for somewhere to stay a bit nearer your work in Hammersmith?

6. Re: distances? please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 18:19