We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Map Showing Zones of London?

Muskoka District...
Level Contributor
228 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Map Showing Zones of London?

Hi again:

I will be buying a 7 day travel card for our 8 night stay in London in May but not sure whether to just get the Zone 1 and 2 price (30.40 GBP?) or if we need more zones. I understand most attractions are within Zones 1 and 2. We are still putting together our itinerary and list of places to see. Is there a map of the London zones somewhere that will help me?

Thanks very much!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,796 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Map Showing Zones of London?

North Greenwich is in both Z2 and Z3 - there are several stations which straddle zones. If you go outside your zones you will be liable to a penalty fare of £50, so check before you travel and buy an extension ticket if you need one.

London
Level Contributor
9,939 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Map Showing Zones of London?

North Greenwich is border Z2/Z3, so a ticket valid in either is acceptable.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Map Showing Zones of London?

North Greenwich is in either zone depending on the direction of travel

You will probably get a penalty fare for traveling without a valid ticket.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Map Showing Zones of London?

Post 10

If there is an issue with your paper ticket or Oyster card the barrier will not open, it will bleep and light-up ‘seek assistance’ (or similar)

You normally go through a ticket barrier when you enter *and* leave the system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyfAt5P3WE8

Aventura, Florida
Level Contributor
984 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Map Showing Zones of London?

Sorry, but I am still confused. If I get on the tube at Green Park and get off at North Greenwich, is that within zone 2?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,593 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Map Showing Zones of London?

All Travelcards will determine zones used. Using a Travelcard for zones 1 and 2 at stations at the boundary of two zones, eg North Greenwich at zones 2 and 3, will mean the Travelcard will 'acknowledge' that and consider a zones 1 and 2 journey has been made (after touching in at Green Park).

Using PAYG works the same way. If you touched in at Green Park and touched out at North Greenwich, the Oyster fare deducted would be a single for travel in zones 1 and 2.

Using a paper Travelcard for out of bound journeys (except by bus) isn't a good idea. Fare inspectors are prevalent on the DLR - I had my Travelcard checked twice between Stratford and Limehouse last month - and as above, when passing through a Tube or rail station barrier the Seek Assistance light will flash and amends be made.

Aventura, Florida
Level Contributor
984 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Map Showing Zones of London?

TravellerPlus, thank you for the clarification. It appears Bus 472 goes from North Greenwich very close to the tube station to a stop even closer to the Woolwich Arsenal (Firepower) than the DLR station and that is our plan. We will return on the Thames Clipper using a one-day RiverRoamer. That is our only trip outside Zone 1 and 2 except for LHR to Green Park.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Map Showing Zones of London?

Bus route 472 starts its journey from North Greenwich station towards Woolwich, but then so do routes 161 and 422. Apart from the initial parts of their journeys, routes 161 and 472 serve the same road between Charlton and Woolwich but the 422 takes a longer route. The bus stops at Woolwich may be located nearer to Firepower than Woolwich Arsenal station but I'm not sure that the tube+bus journey would be faster than the journey by DLR - or indeed by rail service from central London.

19. Re: Map Showing Zones of London?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 06:15