We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Queen's Theatre - Seat Comparison (LES MIS)

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Queen's Theatre - Seat Comparison (LES MIS)

We are between choosing between A13 to 16 and H9 to 12 for LES MIS and our dates are coming up soon so we need to decide quickly. We are short and I'm always worried about the chances of someone taller sitting in front (even if the seats are pitched) but we are travelling a long, long ways away and going to a lot of expense - if this was your one shot in a lifetime to see the show, which seats would you pick out of these two choices and why would they be your first choice? Any response or seat tips would be super - we've checked theatre monkey and other seat reviews but are more comfortable hearing from the theatre's patrons directly on TA. Many thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,187 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Queen's Theatre - Seat Comparison (LES MIS)

Theatre Monkey does offer reviews directly from patrons- it is likely that you will get a better range of reviews there than on TA.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,655 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Queen's Theatre - Seat Comparison (LES MIS)

Well, I'm short and I've seen many a show from the front row - including Les Mis, albeit at its former home at The Palace Theatre, which had a high stage. Personally, I'd go for a front row every time and miss their feet rather than risking a tall person in front of me. However, I know some people hate the front row, but I'm not one of them.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,187 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Queen's Theatre - Seat Comparison (LES MIS)

Also, are the seats stalls or in one of the circles? That may affect the advice you are given.

Edited: 08 April 2013, 20:58
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Queen's Theatre - Seat Comparison (LES MIS)

I am never a fan of front row seats. You see all the non-engaging bits of a show: actors sweating, spitting, pancake makeup etc. It's just too real if you know what I mean. Also, I dislike having to look up.

My preference would be Row H but I don't have height issues, so it's not something I need to factor in.

Finally, the seat opinions on Theatre Monkey *are* by theatre goers. I would definitely consider what they have to say.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Queen's Theatre - Seat Comparison (LES MIS)

Hi again - thanks for replying and so quickly too. Yes, I have looked at Survey Monkey but was not 100% confident based on what I saw (plus only some seats are reviewed, not all). Thanks for the good suggestion though - they have a good site.

I'm sorry to be so vague - here are the seat choices it looks like we have (a few more have cropped up):

- Stalls Row F

- Stalls Row G

- Stalls Row H

- Dress Circle A

- Dress Circle C

None of the seats are to the extreme left or right - the are all close to centre or just a short ways off.

What do you think? What would be your "dream" seat for this performance/venue, and why?

So glad some have you have been there already to enjoy the show - this helps a tonne. Hope to just get seats soon so we can start getting excited, but nothing worse than flying for 10 hours (or more) spending so much money, getting to do something just once - ever, and then finding your view is blocked or you are just way-yyy too far back.

Hope to hear back again and many thanks to you all.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Queen's Theatre - Seat Comparison (LES MIS)

I prefer the stalls. Whatever is closest to the middle.

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Queen's Theatre - Seat Comparison (LES MIS)

I sat in A5 of stalls there once. If I didn't like the show so much I would have left. There is literally no place to put your legs, I had to tuck them underneath me.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Queen's Theatre - Seat Comparison (LES MIS)

Which row in stalls is good enough to ensure we're not looking up throughout the production, or blocked by two many rows ahead of us? Also hoping to get a good view of the full stage while still feeling involved in all the action, etc.

Thank you for the note!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Queen's Theatre - Seat Comparison (LES MIS)

Hmmm...just narrowed it down a bit again.

Looks like H is under the dress circle overhang - seat monkey takes issue with that to some degree.

So:

Stalls - D, F, G

Dress Circle - A

Any further direction regarding the best of these particular seats would be super - we just finished the movie but are completely new to the live version and Queen's Theatre - as noted, it's taking us forever to get over to the UK for what is only our second visit - don't know if we'll ever get this opportunity again.

Would be great to be up close but it would be maddening if someone blocked our view...

What draws you to the stalls Mez?

Any other opinions?

Has anyone tried both front row dress circle and the suggested seats in the stalls at Queen's??

Many thanks again,

MB

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Queen's Theatre - Seat Comparison (LES MIS)

Row H is fine. Theatemonkey says it only cuts the top of the stage from Row M and back. In fact, given the site states "The rake (sloped floor to help see over rows in front) is good and most noticeable from row H back." I would have thought this would be better for you given height issues.

I always prefer the stalls Mtn_Girl. It's a personal choice.

Have you read through the seat reviews? I don't think you can go wrong with any of the seats you have selected. And as for someone sitting in front of you, well unfortunately, that's an unknown until the event.