We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick Hotel for Honeymoon night - Opinions Please?

Kent, England
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Gatwick Hotel for Honeymoon night - Opinions Please?

Hi,

I will be flying out of Gatwick North Terminal for my honeymoon so we are hoping to spend the night before in a nice hotel near the airport to start our honeymoon off nicely before heading off to the fun of Orlando!

I have looked at the reviews and read up about the hotels but I still feel completely undecided! Any opinions of which ones would be best for our honeymoon, any added details about the place that would make it that little bit special??

Thanks to anyone that can help me make a decision!!

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,320 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick Hotel for Honeymoon night - Opinions Please?

My husband's niece left for her honeymoon from Amberley Castle near Arundel. It was certainly very impressive.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,629 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatwick Hotel for Honeymoon night - Opinions Please?

How close do you need to be and what time do you need to check-in? The really nice places with character tend to be a drive away. The Sofitel chain have just taken over the hotel attached to The North Terminal and although it might be unexciting it will provide a more than decent level of comfort and is of course just a stroll to the terminal.

There is a wonderful hotel I once went to about 10 miles south of the airport overlooking The South Downs. It was an old two story building somewhere near Balcombe or Ardingly and would make a wonderful honeymoon spot. Any ideas?

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,570 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick Hotel for Honeymoon night - Opinions Please?

We stayed in a smashing little place back in February. Have a look at www.theforestbandb.co.uk .

They have very few rooms and a really personal touch. The prices are better than competitive because they've only been operating for about a year and are building up their business.

We stayed in their best room (a few quid extra). It has a balcony, a huge bed and a gorgeous spa bath that takes 30 minutes to fill. We'll definitely stay there again when we fly from Gatwick. They'll also drop you off at the terminal and pick you up on the return flight, if you leave your car with them. Parking is included.

Before you act, I have no connection with them whatsoever - we just found them via Google.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatwick Hotel for Honeymoon night - Opinions Please?

I've stayed in the attached hotel (the Sofitel now) many times on buisness and can confirm it's a very nice hotel.

Not very romantic but the bar, breakfast, small swimming pool and restaurants are all good.

Plus, the convenience of getting up at a leisurely hour and strolling to the check-in might be better than getting taxis at 6.00 or 7.00am.

Finally...a few airlines now let you check-in the night before so you may be able to do all that business in the evening and drop your bags off with them and then you'll be even more relaxed in the morning.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,570 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatwick Hotel for Honeymoon night - Opinions Please?

Erm - that should have been 'before you ask'!

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,487 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatwick Hotel for Honeymoon night - Opinions Please?

if you want something a little bit special, and are prepared to pay a little extra, then i recomend the Alexander House, Hotel & Utopia Spa, at Turners Hill. Its very easy to get to from Gatwick, is within 20mins drive, tucked away in the beautiful Sussex countryside, no aircaft noise, no traffic, just idyllic countryside. And its got great reviews on this site. Recenttrly undergone major refurb with a new spa facility.

Hotel Site:

alexanderhotels.co.uk/alexander_house/index.…

Seriously worth checking this place out. here's the map.

http://tinyurl.com/nc3sc

Great Reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g499616-d266742…

UK
Level Contributor
155 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gatwick Hotel for Honeymoon night - Opinions Please?

Try this place - a beautiful manor house in the lovely village of Rusper about 20 minute drive down back lanes from Gatwick. The hotel is pretty much under the airport flightpath but then I don't expect you'll be getting much sleep anyway.......

http://www.ghyllmanor.co.uk/

Kent, England
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Gatwick Hotel for Honeymoon night - Opinions Please?

Thank you everyone for your replies, all these places look absolutely beautiful and great romantic locations for us, I will be getting brochures for them all!

We are not too worried about being a little way from the airport, but if we find a hotel which will include parking whilst we are away and somewhere which has pool/spa type facilities for us to enjoy all the better!

Thanks for all your help!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gatwick Hotel for Honeymoon night - Opinions Please?

forest b and B

Can you tell me more about this place? Is it Bdget or luxury???

any reviews

London, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gatwick Hotel for Honeymoon night - Opinions Please?

The Effingham Copthorne has jaccuzi suites and offer a romantic package. You can add transfers and parking to your package.