We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luton Airport Stop Over

Thurso, Scotland...
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Luton Airport Stop Over

I have a lengthy stop over at luton airport (26hrs) at the start of my holiday.

I want to make the most of my time & get the holiday feeling, are there any beauty salons, cinemas, swimming pools, etc taht I could use to start my holiday before my flight?

Thanks

Clare

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,254 reviews
from US$127.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
456 reviews
from US$106.00*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,085 reviews
from US$150.40*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$302.90*
US$336.60
London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luton Airport Stop Over

There are three on-airport hotels at Luton, the Ibis, Holiday Inn Express and Ramada.

None have swimming pools etc, they are basically no frills budget hotels.

There is nothing in the airport itself really bar coffee bars etc.

You're probably best advised to look in town, but there are no swish resort hotels.

There is the Galaxy entertainment centre in townone side of the main shopping centre which has all the normal UK chain stores and a new Hampton By Hilton Hotel has opened halfway between the airport and the town.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,386 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Luton Airport Stop Over

I'd be tempted to go into central London where the world is your Oyster (pun intended)

London
Level Contributor
1,742 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luton Airport Stop Over

Or look at treating yourself at one of Hertfordshire's lovely country house hotels: eg Luton Hoo, The Grove?

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,539 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luton Airport Stop Over

Take the shuttle bus to Luton railway station and have a day in London. Journey time in total about one hour

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luton Airport Stop Over

Luton where the airport is located, is a reasonable sized town...

It is not a pretty place and very working class, not really a tourist spot in its own right!

BUT it has the Galaxy Centre in the centre of town which has a 10 screen cinema, eateries and a large shopping centre called the Arndale. This can all be accessed by the taxi in about 5 minutes from the terminal.

6. Re: Luton Airport Stop Over

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2014, 07:16