We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any great pub/s near our hotel for a night cap?

waukesha,wi
Level Contributor
462 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Any great pub/s near our hotel for a night cap?

We will be staying at the Grange Rochester right at St. Vincent's Square. Is there any pub/s nearby ( within 5-6 blocks) where we could stop before retiring for the evening? Looking for English Pubs with neat atmospheres we won't find here in the states. (Dh likes his ales and me my wine:)

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,233 reviews
from US$125.50*
Best Seller
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
439 reviews
from US$104.40*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,069 reviews
from US$148.10*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
628 reviews
from US$100.10*
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,487 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any great pub/s near our hotel for a night cap?

This one is a short walk.

www.juggedharevictoria.co.uk/

waukesha,wi
Level Contributor
462 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any great pub/s near our hotel for a night cap?

Thanks. I see that on my map. Looks interesting.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,871 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any great pub/s near our hotel for a night cap?

The Windsor castle pub is about a minute or 2 walk from your hotel on Francis Street. It used to be called The Cardinal and some people may still refer to it as that as the name change didn't go down well with some of the locals. It was called the Windsor Castle when it first built in 1848 but changed it's name to The Cardinal in the 60s due to Wertminster RC Cathedral being near by.

www.pubs.com/main_site/pub_details.php…

Edited: 14 April 2013, 18:35
London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,871 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any great pub/s near our hotel for a night cap?

Another old Victorian pub is the Morpeth Arms on Millbank by the river. It's a little bit further from your hotel than the other 2 mentioned but still no more than a 10 minute walk.

http://www.morpetharms.com/index

www.pubs.com/main_site/pub_details.php…

London, United...
Level Contributor
344 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any great pub/s near our hotel for a night cap?

what do you say about this : foodandfuel.co.uk/our-pubs/… ? Looks interesting :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,740 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any great pub/s near our hotel for a night cap?

I like the Greencoat Boy and the Barley Mow, both of which are close to St Vincent Square. The Westminster is also near by, but has more of a wine bar feel than a pub feel.

waukesha,wi
Level Contributor
462 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any great pub/s near our hotel for a night cap?

Thanks you SOOO much for all the ideas and links to "see" the spots mentioned. It appears that we have Pub stops covered. We look forward to the visit. Now....planning the other "things to do" list.

8. Re: Any great pub/s near our hotel for a night cap?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2014, 05:17