We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three 'Pay As You Go Sim Card'. Is it good?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
74 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Three 'Pay As You Go Sim Card'. Is it good?

Hi Tripadvisors,

I am planning to visit London for four days and I am planning to buy a Pay As You Go Card from www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Pay_As_You_Go

My main intention is to use it for data only. I need to whatsapp, surf facebook and find directions using Google Maps. I understand London has lots of wifi but I just would like a permanent data connection on my phone.

It seems to have an attractive data package. Can anyone share me their experience using this card?

Thank you for sharing. :)

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
832 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Three 'Pay As You Go Sim Card'. Is it good?

I have a 3 Pre Paid SIM that I use in my MiFi (Mobile Wifi) device. Reception is excellent with it... the signal is often stronger than the O2 one on my mobile.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,440 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Three 'Pay As You Go Sim Card'. Is it good?

3 is generally good in london, it can be a bit erratic as you go further affield.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
74 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Three 'Pay As You Go Sim Card'. Is it good?

Not to worry, I won't venture off London. I'll be in London all the time. How long does it take to activate the card? I had experience where it takes 2 days to activate the card.

4. Re: Three 'Pay As You Go Sim Card'. Is it good?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2013, 15:26
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Three 'Pay As You Go Sim Card'. Is it good?

I can also recommend it. I used a 3 card for all my phone and data needs while in London plus calls to Australia.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
74 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Three 'Pay As You Go Sim Card'. Is it good?

That is heartening to hear it can be activated within minutes. I'll just have to find the shops then. :)

7. Re: Three 'Pay As You Go Sim Card'. Is it good?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2013, 15:26
8. Re: Three 'Pay As You Go Sim Card'. Is it good?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 05:17