We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Nights in London - advice?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
3 Nights in London - advice?

Hello there,

My partner & I will be in London from 27-30th April (leaving 30th early morning). We have a planned itinerary however just wondering if we are too ambitious to visit all these places in 3 days? Any suggestions /feedback will be highly appreciated...oh and tips about weather too...

27th April: 1: Westminister Abbey 2: Houses of Parliament 3: Big Ben 4: London Eye 5: Trafalgar Sq 6. Lion King

28th April: 1: St Paul's Cathedral 2: London Bridge 3: Shakespeare Globe 4: The Gherkin (30 St Mary Axe) 5: Tower of London

29th April: 1: Piccadilly Circus 2: Buckingham Palace (changing of guards?) 3: Lunch at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal 4: Covent Garden 5: National Gallery (quick tour?) 6: British Museum

We will be staying at Paddington (near paddington SPA station)

I'm worried about long queues in those places of interest above as our visit happen to be on Sat & Sun..

PS: any idea where can I get comfortable walking shoes (ballet flats preferably that wont look ugly)?

Thanks in advance!

Edited: 16 April 2013, 08:53
Old Royal Naval College
Historic Sites, Architectural Buildings, Churches & Cathedrals
Westminster Cathedral
Sacred & Religious Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
Temple Church
Churches & Cathedrals
Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Nights in London - advice?

"28th April: 1: St Paul's Cathedral 2: London Bridge 3: Shakespeare Globe 4: The Gherkin (30 St Mary Axe) 5: Tower of London"

Are you sure it's London Bridge you want to see, not Tower Bridge?

…wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/Tower_…

…rackcdn.com/group1/…03ss7y0.jpg

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,417 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Nights in London - advice?

Shoes? Head for Oxford St where there are department stores and shoe shops going on forever.

The 3 day plan is OK. The National Gallery is in Trafalgar Square so maybe in day one. Day two is very busy ; just see how it goes. Day 3 ; Piccadilly Circus is a famous name but its just a traffic junction ; nothing much to see or do.

The museums and galleries wont have queues to get in but will just be very busy. Not sure about the other attractions although some on here have done the Tower of London first thing as soon as it opened and said that did help with queues.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,417 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Nights in London - advice?

And weather forecast says end of April should be about 21C 70F with possibility of showers but those longer term forecasts are a very rough guide .

Boston
Level Contributor
425 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 Nights in London - advice?

Hi - your itinerary looks like the one I want to do in August - please let us know how it goes. As for shoes - I would buy them now! Break them in - look for Merrels, Anne Klein Sport - Clarks - check out Zappos. I just order 5 different pairs to try for our August trip - free shipping and returns. Have fun!

Surrey
Level Contributor
58 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 Nights in London - advice?

Hi,

I agree with SebagGal re buying shoes and breaking them in now. If not, you will find plenty of pumps here - comfy ones from Office (about £20).

I think your itinerary looks great and very do-able. If you are going to the National Portrait Gallery in Trafalgar Square, then do try and walk to the very top and visit the cafe there - it has a terrific view and well worth all the stairs. You can just have a coffee there at the bar.

Oh, and don't forget to pack an umbrella/waterproofs! Bring a mini umbrella and keep it with you at all times - you won't regret it!

Enjoy!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 Nights in London - advice?

Thanks all for your responses, much appreciated! If you have any other better ideas do kindly let me know :)

I will post some feedback about my trip after I return from London, and yes I meant to go to Tower Bridge :)

7. Re: 3 Nights in London - advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2014, 05:17