We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which station is best to get to Glasgow from?

Perth, Australia
7 posts
Save Topic
Which station is best to get to Glasgow from?

We'll be travelling from Romford to Glasgow, I'm a bit confused as

to which station would be the best option for us.

Also can I use my Oyster card on all train lines?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,348 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which station is best to get to Glasgow from?

Trains from London Euston make their way to Glasgow Central. There are a few that go via Edinburgh, but I think the straightforward journey from Euston has more options.

Oyster is for use in London only (you may use Oyster for the journey from Romford to central London). You will need to book directly with www.virgintrains.co.uk or if you would like to go via Edinburgh, see what's available at www.nationalrail.co.uk

Romford to Euston can take 17 - 30 minutes on the train to Liverpool Street. The Circle and Hammersmith & City line trains (Underground) from LIverpool Street will take you to Euston Square, which has about 42 steps up from platform to street level, then a four or five minute walk to Euston rail station. If you would like to avoid the steps at Euston Square, alight from the Underground at King's Cross for a 10 minute walk on the flat to Euston rail station.

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which station is best to get to Glasgow from?

You can travel with Virgin trains directly from Euston to Glasgow Central and there is also overnight sleeper trains run by Scotrail from Euston to both Glasgow Central and Edinburgh Waverley.

East Coast run services from Kings Cross to Edinburgh Waverley where you can then change to one of the frequent Scotrail services to Glasgow Queen Street.

If you are travelling with children it might work out cheaper overall if you purchase a family railcard.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which station is best to get to Glasgow from?

The best option is the direct train from Euston.

4. Re: Which station is best to get to Glasgow from?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2014, 05:18