We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taste of London at Regent's Park

Benton, Arkansas...
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taste of London at Regent's Park

I will be in London during the Taste of London festival in Regent's park. I was wondering if this is worth going to? And what are some things that I should look for or do while there?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,256 reviews
from US$127.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
456 reviews
from US$105.70*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,085 reviews
from US$150.00*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$302.10*
US$335.60
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,867 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taste of London at Regent's Park

I go fairly regularly and quite enjoy it. It's got a bit pricey in the last couple of years, with more food offerings costing the Crown equivalent of about £4 - 5, so choose carefully what you would like to try. A number of vendors and exhibitors have small free samples of food and drink - last year's event was heavy on the drink, it seemed that there were offerings of interesting adult bevvys every few feet (hic!).

I don't think the VIP tickets are worth the extra spend, since the only real extra is a glass of fizz. Some of the demonstration events are worthwhile, but that will depend on your interests. Weekday visits are less hectic than at the weekend, so if those times work with your schedule consider aweekday afternoon or evening session.

If you're interested in food and drink and want a different experience, it's worth a go. Bon appetit!

Benton, Arkansas...
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taste of London at Regent's Park

Is the cook book worth getting? And what about the lines? I know that the VIP lets u skip the line and the cook book. Just wondering if that's worth it. I do love trying new food and I always miss the food festivals here in my area.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,867 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taste of London at Regent's Park

I've not found the queues excessive, whether arriving on a weekday or at the weekend. The resto kitchens are set up in stretches of three or four together, then a space, then another (covered) set of three or four. Most restos are around the perimeter of the site, with exhibitors and other vendors in the centre. There are areas with chairs for visitors to sit down and eat, a few areas with stacked hay bales for sitting as well; on the whole, most eating and drinking is done on the move. Since admission is limited, it's not as if there is a constant new stream of visitors coming in to a crowded area.

There are a number of fairly high-end portable loos as well, with plenty of hot water and soap. Work crews are good about collecting recyclables and rubbish, keeping litter to a minimum on the site.

I've not had a look at any of the cookbooks, but if memory serves you may buy them at the site if you don't purchase in advance.

Benton, Arkansas...
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taste of London at Regent's Park

Thanks. I do believe that I will be going. Now to just figure out which day and time slot. I can only go Thursday or Friday.

Sweden
Level Contributor
751 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taste of London at Regent's Park

And for anyone else that wonders like me it's 20-23 of June 2013

Benton, Arkansas...
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taste of London at Regent's Park

yes sorry the date is set for 20-23 June and there are two sessions each day. I can only attend on 20 or 21 June. Just can't decide on the 12:00-16:00 or 17:30-21:30. I am wanting to buy my tickets early but I'd hate to go when it's raining. However, the tickets are a bit pricey but I think it's going to be a blast. Tickets are 24 pounds for entry, 10 pounds for the cookbook if you wish and you have to have Crowns to buy things with. I am really hoping this is fun. Has anyone else been?

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,600 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taste of London at Regent's Park

Regarding the two sessions, once you're in you're in - so if you bought a ticket for 12-4, there's nothing stopping you arriving at, say, 3pm and then just staying as long as you like. We do this all the time,

Benton, Arkansas...
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taste of London at Regent's Park

oh that's nice to know. I thought the closed it down at 4 to like clean up and then open it again. I'd love to stay past 4. I am thinking about doing the 12-4 but would like to stay later.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taste of London at Regent's Park

I have just come out from Taste of London. It is a TOTAL WASTE of my time! Ticket costs £25, there are hardly any food to samples. Most of the food cost money £4-£5+, not to mention the size of the potion. If you hoping to taste a lot of different food! Certainly not value for money! I would not recommend to ANYBODY.

10. Re: Taste of London at Regent's Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 14:05