We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New overnight luxury bus - London To Inverness

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
9,598 posts
171 reviews
Save Topic
New overnight luxury bus - London To Inverness

Just read in the local paper today that we are getting a new overnight bus service from Inverness via Aviemore and Glasgow to London (and return) This will be a great alternative for people who find the train too expensive - and the coaches have BEDS! Luxury! Its saying prices are between £15 and £60 pounds so I presume that's one way from Inverness to London or vice versa which is pretty good and they provide complimentary refreshments. Thought this may be of interest to those on a budget but its not launching until the summer.

Woody x

London, England...
Level Contributor
2,558 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New overnight luxury bus - London To Inverness

Bearing in mind I got from Edinburgh to London for £12.50 a few months back and when I look the other day Inverness to Edinburgh was about the same, a coach/bus would have to be VERY luxurious indeed to make it worth it for me! Time is money, afterall!!

Edited: 25 April 2013, 14:58
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New overnight luxury bus - London To Inverness

Time is money, after all!!

=========

And nighttime doubly so if it means no need to pay for a hotel room. Though the same argument applies with the sleeper train, those prices don't sound to different from advance sleeper fares to me.

Edited: 25 April 2013, 15:11
East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
9,598 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New overnight luxury bus - London To Inverness

I never seem to get cheap fares when looking for Aviemore to London so the thought of a coach with beds sounded quite appealing to me - however once the service is up and running we'll see just how good (or otherwise) it is. Train fares from Edinburgh to London seem to be regularly good value. Add on the hike to Inverness and its a lot more - plus I was really thinking how good it will be for me personally as a local to get on in Aviemore and be able to get off there coming back and it will mean that people can get on at London and travel all the way to Aviemore and be in the heart of the National Park - Departs London 23.15 - arrives Aviemore 10:10 - then a quick visit to The Mountain Cafe for breakfast - perfect!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,069 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New overnight luxury bus - London To Inverness

I always worry about loos on these things. Bet they're not luxurious:)

(YMMV)

5. Re: New overnight luxury bus - London To Inverness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 06:18