We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somewhere nice for lunch?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,544 posts
210 reviews
Save Topic
Somewhere nice for lunch?

I am travelling from Paris to London for the day on a Wednesday in mid-June. I have booked an 11:00 ticket to see the exhibition at The Queen's Gallery, which I believe takes about an hour to an hour and a half to see. I will then be spending the afternoon at the V&A before returning to Paris. Can someone recommend a nice restaurant, or even a great pub, between the Queens's Gallery and the V&A please?

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,231 reviews
from US$124.70*
Best Seller
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
436 reviews
from US$103.70*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,066 reviews
from US$147.20*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
624 reviews
from US$99.50*
Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Brighton, Nice
Level Contributor
6,276 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Somewhere nice for lunch?

Orsini opposite the V&A (a few doors up from the Rembrandt Hotel) is a very good family-run Italian restaurant. There are loads of places around South Kensington Tube station as well. Casa Brindisa is one of the better ones in that area, if you like Spanish tapas.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Somewhere nice for lunch?

I would not discount the food at the V&A either. I've always enjoyed my meals there and the dining rooms are beautiful.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,544 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Somewhere nice for lunch?

Thanks artgirl. Spending my first several weeks in Italy and France, am looking for "our" food.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,544 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Somewhere nice for lunch?

Good idea, Mez. With not lots of time, think lunch at the V&A sounds perfect, rather than break my trip from one museum to the other

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Somewhere nice for lunch?

Another vote for the V&A. There is quite a choice of food and the surroundings are gorgeous.

Monza, Italy
Level Contributor
6,352 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Somewhere nice for lunch?

Here's another vote for the V&A cafe; was there last month, the dining rooms are amazing and if you're lucky, you could have your meal in the garden, have a look at the view you would have: http://i41.tinypic.com/ip4cap.jpg

Can't say much about the food as I had only a scone with a coffee, but the dishes looked great.

7. Re: Somewhere nice for lunch?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 05:16