We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi or Tube from LHR to Park Plaza County Hall

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi or Tube from LHR to Park Plaza County Hall

We are a family of 4 arriving LHR on a Saturday in June at about noon. What is the best way for us to get to the Park Plaza County Hall at 1 Addington St. London. We have never been to London so please be specific and clear. Thanks!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,523 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi or Tube from LHR to Park Plaza County Hall

You can get the tube which would be the cheapest. Get the Piccadilly line (follow signs for the Underground) from any terminal. At Hammersmith change to the District line to Westminster (adjacent platform). From there take exit 4, Bridge St, turn left and walk across Westminster Bridge. PPCH is at the southern end just to the left of the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge (which you will be able to see ahead of you virtually all the way). A 5 minute walk.

If you want to book a car service, for 4 it should be in the region of £40-45.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi or Tube from LHR to Park Plaza County Hall

If I wanted to book a car service do I do it right from the airport (taxi?) or do I need to have something arranged ahead of time? Also - do I need to have Euros or do they also accept dollars?

If we take the tube do we get those tickets right at the station? How expensive are those tickets?

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,791 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi or Tube from LHR to Park Plaza County Hall

'do I need to have Euros or do they also accept dollars'

They only accept £ pounds here, some may accept credit/debit cards. Pre-booked cars are the best option a taxi off the rank outside the terminal could cost double, there are plenty of threads on here with suggestions for suitable pre-booked car companies.

Tube tickets are purchased on the day and from the machine or window at the underground station linked to the terminal you arrive at.

Edited: 27 April 2013, 18:16
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,523 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi or Tube from LHR to Park Plaza County Hall

Some car services you can try for quotes:

www.london-transfers.com

www.skyexpresscars.net

www.handicars.co.uk

www.justairports.com

www.exclusiveairports.com

www.swisscottagecars.com

www.expressways.co.uk

Don't get on one on the rank - you'll pay more.

Tickets for the tube can be bought at the tube station - which is best depends how long you are here, what you are planning on doing and what your family of 4 constitutes. A cash single fare is £5.50 per adult.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14416.aspx

Chicago
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi or Tube from LHR to Park Plaza County Hall

Kristen, in the future you would do well to put all your questions about a place into one post. No need to start a separate thread for each question. People will be able to give better responses if they know the whole story :)

6. Re: Taxi or Tube from LHR to Park Plaza County Hall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 06:16