We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best club in london town?

nijmegen
6 posts
Save Topic
The best club in london town?

hi everybody.

I recieved great help from my first topic, (so many reviews, so different)

It helped me finally decide were to stay. I Chose the London bridge hotel. This hotel is about 2 miles from the centre of london.

Now my questions:

*Are there any good places to go out near?

*Or some clubs we definitly have to go to in the centre?

*And do all the pubs and bars really close around the clock of 2?

*Which type of public transfer can we use during nighttime?

*Anyone who knows a website providing this kind of information?

Thanks!

Regards,

UK
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best club in london town?

Q1 answer not that I am aware of that wouid entertain me or

anyone I know

Q 2 answer Yes

Q 3 there are some that used to open all day but haven't been to

London Bridge for years. see 1

Q4 I personally prefer the buses

Q5 A reliable one I know not.

May I pose 2question s Is there some great advantage about London Bridge.?

If you were going to Amsterdam would a Hotel near the Grand Krasnapolski be considered by you?

Thanks Regards Gerlis

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,329 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The best club in london town?

I agree with Gerlis that London Bridge may not be ideally located for clubbing, though I am not an expert. The Tube closes down around midnight, but there are night buses if you are hardy. Otherwise you have to walk or get a taxi. Details of tube and buses will be on the website of Transport for London.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The best club in london town?

Can't give an opinion on any of these but Southwark seems to have its' share of clubs.

Ministry Of Sound being the most famous

mysouthwark.co.uk/southwark/events-list-club…

nijmegen
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The best club in london town?

Hi

Thanks for the information! I don't want to go clubbing all weekend, just one night. But extremely good of course. While it's my first time in London. And don't want to have to wonder around all night trying to find a good place. Any names of good clubs in the centre? So I can look them up myself?

p.s Don't know nothing about/around Amsterdam

Regards,

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The best club in london town?

As I said Ministry of Sound is the name for clubbing in the UK. I am, unfortunately past the clubbing age so have never been.

www.ministryofsound.com/clubbing

www.viewlondon.co.uk/info_club_185.html

It is not in the centre of London, but from London Bridge it is only 1 stop on the underground, or a 1 mile walk. How the previous responses can say your hotel is not ideally located for clubbing when a club with 3 dance floors and a capacity of 1500 is so close is beyond me.

MoS is open until 7:00 in the morning. Generally pubs and bars shut much much earlier, but that depends on many things and varies considerably.

The hotel has very good reviews on here and the photos look very nice. You are not near the West End, but you are not far from the Thames, Southwark Cathedral, Borough Market and the Tower of London. You also have the riverside walk to the London Eye and Westminster.

BTW

Gerlis's posts are always cryptic, very few of the regulars here understand them.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,348 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The best club in london town?

When you arrive in London, pick up a copy of Time Out magazine. It comes out every Wednesday, and has comprehensive listings of clubs and night spots (look under Nightlife), with times, entrance fees, and other details of what's on posted. You're bound to find something there that interests you.

After the listings for days of the week, there's a list of venues, with tube stops included. The Ministry of Sound is near the Elephant & Castle, not far from London Bridge.

There are a number of night buses that serve the neighbourhoods south of the river. You'll find lots more information at www.tfl.gov.uk. One good thing to know if you buy one day Travelcards is that they're good until 0430 the next day - ie. a card bought Friday morning is good until 0430 Saturday morning.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,329 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The best club in london town?

It looks as if the average age of a TALF contributor is higher than that of the average nightclubber. You can't have everything - people who spend all night doing whatever they do in clubs these days are unlikely to have the best grasp on the comparative merits of different grades of travelcard.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Brighton, Nice
Level Contributor
6,246 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The best club in london town?

Read lovelucia's post on this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k62929…

Other threads to read for recommendations:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k60476…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k53988…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k49319…

Transport information can be found here: www.tfl.gov.uk

9. Re: The best club in london town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2006, 22:34
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,747 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The best club in london town?

Never assume Gerlis! Nijmegen is a long way from Amsterdam.

There are a number of night buses that go to London Bridge station (and therefore stop a stones throw from your front door) from the west end including the 21, 47, 343 & 381.

The front of house staff at The London Bridge are excellent and will help you with all your queries.