We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House of Parliament tour after Trooping the Colour.

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
House of Parliament tour after Trooping the Colour.

Hi there, I would pay my 1st London visit 12 - 18 June and definitely wouldn't miss the ceremony of Trooping the Colour. I'm also interested in taking the House of Parliament tour in the afternoon. After the tour I would like to visit Covent Garden before enjoying musical at 7:30 pm.

Would like to know : 1) At what time will the whole ceremony finish ? 2) How fast /slow for the crowd to disappear ? I wish to take the tour at 3 pm and want to make sure that I won't be late.

Thanks a lot.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,736 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: House of Parliament tour after Trooping the Colour.

That's all OK. The ceremony finishes about noon and the crowds move away easily and quickly. It is an easy walk to Westminster either down the Mall or through St James Park and gives you plenty of time to have lunch or a snack before your 3pm booking. There is a café/ restaurant in the park.

Round the far left hand side of Buckingham Palace is a really nice souvenir shop at the entrance to the Queens Gallery. Gallery charges fro entry but the shop is free to enter.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: House of Parliament tour after Trooping the Colour.

Wow, so many thanks for your detailed advice !! I think the fly-by is at 1pm and that's all for the ceremony ?

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: House of Parliament tour after Trooping the Colour.

Get your tickets for Parliament in advance, or you may be disappointed, if you wait until the afternoon on the day of the tour.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,469 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: House of Parliament tour after Trooping the Colour.

I think Hardygeranium is wrong there.

After TtC the crowds follow the procession down The Mall to Buckingham Palace ready for the Queen to come out on the balcony and the Fly Past at 13:00. So you certainly won't have an easy walk down The Mall as it will be solid and everyone will be walking away from the HoP.

I have no idea how quickly the crowds will disperse, but 2 hours will be more than enough time even if you have to head towards Victoria Street and walk down there.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,736 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: House of Parliament tour after Trooping the Colour.

Sorry I misread your question. I was answering for changing of the guard each day not trooping the colour ceremony. Yes it will take a lot longer than I said and the crowds will be much much bigger but you will still be OK for 3 pm.

6. Re: House of Parliament tour after Trooping the Colour.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 05:17