We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit time from London City Airport

CA
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Transit time from London City Airport

Our Granada to London flight will arrive at London City Airport. I'm trying to see how much time to allow for transit so I can plan the rest of the day.

How long is the DLR+Tube ride from the Airport to Waterloo station?

I'm also looking at Millennium Gloucester at the Gloucester station. Is it farther than the Waterloo station and by how much time?

Thanks.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,254 reviews
from US$127.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
456 reviews
from US$106.00*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,085 reviews
from US$150.40*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$302.90*
US$336.60
CA
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Transit time from London City Airport

Just saw the post on RV1 bus - Is that a scenic ride (to compensate for the slower trip) and is there a luggage rack so can we take luggage onto it? Any idea how frequently it runs to the Eye?

Edited: 01 May 2013, 19:08
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
6,103 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Transit time from London City Airport

Sort of scenic but it goes through several of the side-streets of Bankside. It runs every 10 minutes and although there is no luggage rack, there is space for suitcases. Note that that space must be given up if required by a wheelchair user.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Transit time from London City Airport

Apologies if I am wrongly second-guessing rcspiers in reply 7, but I suspect that the suggestion should be to take the DLR to Woolwich Arsenal and there change on to the national rail service to Waterloo East. On any day except a Sunday it will be necessary to change at London Bridge and using a footbridge to transfer between platforms. The DLR and national rail parts of Woolwich Arsenal are connected internally - the DLR extension to Woolwich Arsenal still being relatively new, presumably there is a lift down to the London-bound platform of the national rail station.

Level Contributor
302 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Transit time from London City Airport

Suggestions above on transport should have you sorted but thought it was worth mentioning that in my mind the PI and millennium baileys aren't really interchangeable as hotels. They offer a pretty different levels of services, amenities, etc. The journey to both is easy enough do if you are looking for more than a PI offers don't be put off going slightly further afield

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,681 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Transit time from London City Airport

Hi, tube symbol is a red circle with a blue line through the middle. In regards to interchange, Bank has links to. a circle line station. Having looked at the tube map, my best suggestion is Tower Gateway DLR and use Circle or District line from there and I think you'd only need one tube train that way,

In regards to Woolwich Arsenal, I can confirm its got a lift but in honest truth, I didn't feel comfortable with swaying of the train in that tunnel, so much so I didn't use it on the way back but got the bus.

Edited: 01 May 2013, 21:06
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,860 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Transit time from London City Airport

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46986413@N07/6843212887/ The interior of one of the new hydrogen-powered RV1 buses. It's not quite to scale, as the wheelchair space looks positively gargantuan, but in my experience there has been enough room for a pushchair (medium size), a small rollaboard and a 25in check through size bag (the last two mine). There is a rack (of sorts) to the left of the driver's cabin as well, more than sufficient for a rollaboard.

UK
Level Contributor
7,280 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Transit time from London City Airport

"In regards to interchange, Bank has links to. a circle line station."

That's Monument... but Monument to Bank is a VERY long walk. We did it last Sunday (when parts of the Circle Line were closed and we had to walk to the Central Line), and it was a walk of about ten minutes involving lots of stairs.

I would not recommend it.

Edited: 02 May 2013, 00:52
18. Re: Transit time from London City Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2014, 05:18