We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic place to propose

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
Save Topic
Romantic place to propose

Hi

I will be in London soon and I plan to propose to my partner when over there. I will be staying around Victoria and going to the apollo theatre to see a show. Before we go to the show I would like to go for a nice meal in a romantic and secluded restaurant and propose. Does anyone know of any good restaurants to do this?

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,277 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic place to propose

Two restaurants always voted romantic are Clos Maggiore and la Poule au Pot.

Or what about Waterloo Bridge? Fantastic view by night and name of an incredibly weepy film starring Vivien Leigh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterloo_Bridge_(1940_film)

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,241 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic place to propose

One of the last people to ask about this particular question got loads of suggestions. See here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k615…

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic place to propose

Just a thought, but following a proposal you will probably have lots to talk about....sitting quietly in a theatre for a couple of hours immediately afterwards might not be the best thing. Perhaps earlier in the day or after the theatre? If you choose Waterloo Bridge there is already a poem to read at the wedding goodreads.com/quotes/262425-on-waterloo-brid…

Level Contributor
527 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic place to propose

Not before, but after the theater. And I like the bridge siggestion. Whether it's clear and twinkly or rainy and mysterious, it will be unforgettable.

O P
London, United...
Level Contributor
302 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic place to propose

My first though was - what about right under Big Ben? Or in the middle of Trafalger Sq? Or outside Buck Palace? Or yes, by the river at night. Or on the London Eye. As a girl, I think doing it somewhere really iconic London would make a better story to remember than in a restaurant? Just a thought! "He proposed to me right under Big Ben" "He asked me to marry him at the gates of Buckingham Palace". That'd be fun! GOOD LUCK!

London
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic place to propose

For what it's worth, I'm told that restaurants are not good places for proposals.

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic place to propose

I'm with Jonathan, it's a very intimate moment, and you don't want to be 2 feet away from a group of people slurping their soup or eavesdropping, putting your gf under pressure. Find somewhere where there's effectively just the two of you; even if there's lots of people rushing past (as on a bridge) - you can be "alone in a crowd", but not if the crowd will be sat next to you for the next hour ;-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic place to propose

How about over a finedining meal? Since you are staying in Victoria, book a table at The Cinnamon club ( fine indian restaurant London) and request the chef's to send a dessert plate with your personalised message. www.cinnamonclub.com

9. Re: Romantic place to propose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2014, 06:18