We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone tried heathrow shuttle bus

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Egypt
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Topic
anyone tried heathrow shuttle bus

any one tried share heathrow shuttle bus ? http://www.heathrowshuttle.com/

for only 1 person 18 GPB

London
Level Contributor
9,185 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone tried heathrow shuttle bus

Where exactly in London are you trying to get to?

The shuttle business model doesn't really work in London - there are so many other faster or cheaper or more convenient options.

Egypt
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone tried heathrow shuttle bus

holiday Inn oxford street.. but i want the easiest and the cheapest

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,424 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone tried heathrow shuttle bus

Here are some of your options:

www.londontoolkit.com/travel/heathrow.htm

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone tried heathrow shuttle bus

The cheapest will always be the underground/tube and it will be considerably quicker than a shuttle bus making a number of stops too. It's usually quicker than a private car transfer. Not all underground stations are step-free though, so if you have heavy luggage it's not necessarily the easiest.

London
Level Contributor
9,185 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone tried heathrow shuttle bus

"but i want the easiest and the cheapest"

You have to decide which of those is more important - you can't have both. Easiest is private car transfer. Cheapest is tube.

Egypt
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone tried heathrow shuttle bus

yeah you are totally right, what i mean that this transportation for a teen girl , am not sure she can handle changing station on the underground, i want a shuttle bus to deliver her to the hotel directly, even if it will take more time... and i can't afford a limo

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,431 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone tried heathrow shuttle bus

Taking the shuttle will mean a long, slow journey from the airport. With a destination near Oxford Circus, the passenger is likely to be the last dropped off - it wouldn't be my first choice for transport.

A very easy alternative is to take the Underground from Heathrow to Green Park station, which has escalators up from train platform to ticket hall, then a lift up to street level. At street level, look for a taxi with its For Hire light on, hail it, and pay £6 - 8 for the trip to the hotel.

Travel time from LHR to Green Park is about 45 minutes; the taxi journey to the hotel shouldn't take more than five minutes. Underground fare can be as low as £3 using PAYG on Oyster.

8. Re: anyone tried heathrow shuttle bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2014, 06:17