We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel up to $150Aus p/n for young couple in London?Confused!

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,346 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel up to $150Aus p/n for young couple in London?Confused!

Hi All,

My son & his girlfriend are in London for 3 nights at the end of June. I assured them I would find a suitable hotel for them to stay in, in a good location near sightseeing and, of course, bars/restaurants.

I am STUMPED!!!! as I have never been to London.

Could someone recommend even an area, that I can search, that is close to the happenning places and good transport? They would like a decent room, preferably with breakfast, and easy access to the tourist spots.

Hoping someone can give me some ideas.

Many thanks,

Sandy

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,236 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel up to $150Aus p/n for young couple in London?Confused!

What's the budget in GBP£££? We have no idea what A$150 is worth in Sterling which is what hotels are priced in here

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,346 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel up to $150Aus p/n for young couple in London?Confused!

Hi There - budget up to 100English pounds p/n - sorry, always work in Aus$ LOL

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel up to $150Aus p/n for young couple in London?Confused!

there is an advertisement above your photo saying which London hotels are on sale

have you looked there

seems like lots even though it is busy and not cheap

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,667 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel up to $150Aus p/n for young couple in London?Confused!

Check http://www.travelodge.co.uk

They have rooms in Southwark for £305 for 3 nights, although that varies depending on exactly which 3 nights.

This is the supersaver rate, non-refundable and not available much nearer the date.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,353 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel up to $150Aus p/n for young couple in London?Confused!

Try Priceline NYOP or one of the opaque booking sites like Hotwire if that is all you can afford. Also the Tune Hotels and Premier Inns

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,611 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel up to $150Aus p/n for young couple in London?Confused!

Availability for late June is a bit limited for budget hotels. Some Travelodge properties worth considering are those at Bank, City Road, Waterloo, Southwark, Tower Bridge, and Aldgate East.

The Ibis Budget Whitechapel (in Whitechapel Road) has smallish rooms, but is also very much worth considering for a short stay.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
853 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel up to $150Aus p/n for young couple in London?Confused!

Hi, I sorted out my accomodation from this forum and am going to stay at Picton Mandalay Hotel Which is a very short walk to Paddington Station, lots of cafe, pubs and if they like to walk not far to most of sights.

Well within your budget, just search within this forum for the hotel happy planning

cheers Carole

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel up to $150Aus p/n for young couple in London?Confused!

What about considering youth hostels? Just a thought :-) Don't ask me where they are because I'm not a youth (not by a long shot) and have never had need of them, but I do recall other threads where they've been suggested. Maybe search 'youth hostels London' to see what results you get :-)

Good luck - they're going to adore London! It's a truly brilliant city - my favourite city in the world, to be honest.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,950 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel up to $150Aus p/n for young couple in London?Confused!

I stay in Youth Hostels often and they are cheap but are not aimed at couples. Males and females usually stay in separate rooms, though it is possible to book a family room. Age is not a factor though, I am in my forties and I am almost never the oldest there.

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,778 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel up to $150Aus p/n for young couple in London?Confused!

Here's a budget hotel list created by TALFer TexScott. I think it's under £125/night but they might be able to swing that.

https:/…