We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf in and around London?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Golf in and around London?

We came over to London for vacation last year - just seven nights. Myself, brother and our wives. We will be repeating the trip in September but this time for two weeks. Last time we managed to play golf in Richmond but it was incredibly busy and had a lot of waiting time at most of the tee's plus we were paired with a couple of people we had never met before.....they were reasonable golfers but the experience could have been better. The round took over six hours! We were told Richmond is very busy because there are a lack of courses in London (accept this is the case in most major Cities). I have since researched and found that there are a few courses outside of London? We will be staying in Westminster but are hoping to play at least twice while the girls go shopping or catch a show. Can someone recommend a couple of decent courses within a 30 mile radius of West London. We will hire a car if necessary. Any advise would be welcome. Have a great day!

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,299 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Golf in and around London?

MChiddy. The OP says in their post #13 the trip is now delayed until Christmas time.

22. Re: Golf in and around London?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2014, 14:55
London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,958 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Golf in and around London?

#22 - Please go back and read the T&C's you agreed to abide by when you signed up to Tripadvisor. They include no self-promotion or solicitation.

Another company to add to the 'avoid' list.

24. Re: Golf in and around London?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 August 2014, 16:06
London
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Golf in and around London?

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Knole Park Golf Club.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,616 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Golf in and around London?

Don't be surprised, just mention it!

Then maybe say why it is a good shout for this topic???

but OP came and went over a year ago, and this thread has been revived by some necroposting advertiser....

London
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Golf in and around London?

I always try to avoid reviving old topics myself, but when somebody does revive an old one I tend to think that the damage has been done and there's no harm adding to it. I always hope that people will use the search facility before asking a question, so hopefully anything posted here will come up when somebody searches for a topic in the future.

The main reason why I thought of Knole is that it's quite easy to get to from central London and it'sin a nice location with a stately home and deer park to look around.

28. Re: Golf in and around London?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 07:16