We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking on Waterloo Bridge

Caterham, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Parking on Waterloo Bridge

I may need to drive into Central London one evening soon, rather than coming up on the train as I usually do.

Is parking still free on Waterloo Bridge after 6:30? If so, does anyone have an idea as to the chance of finding a space if arriving just after 6:30?

Tower Bridge
Bridges, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Observation Decks & Towers
Millennium Bridge
Scenic Walking Areas, Bridges, Points of Interest & Landmarks
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Parking on Waterloo Bridge

Does anyone know if you can park on Waterloo bridge on a Saturday for free?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Parking on Waterloo Bridge

After a certain time, it's either 6.30 or 7pm on the single yellows, keep off the doubles.

2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Parking on Waterloo Bridge

Thanks for the response I was not sure if it was free all weekend or maybe after 1:30?

Portsmouth, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Parking on Waterloo Bridge

what about a Sunday, could you please tell me what time I can park on the Bridge from on a Sunday - does anyone know what time it starts to get busy?

London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,126 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Parking on Waterloo Bridge

Google Street View (which is more than a year old, so may not be up to date) shows a mixture of different restrictions. Some parts have double yellow lines, so no parking there at any time. Some parts have a mandatory cycle lane which operates 7 days a week from 7am to 7pm. A few parts appear to have a single yellow line that allows parking on Sundays, but it's essential to check the signs when you arrive.

Basically there is now not much parking allowed on the bridge. The days when the whole bridge was lined with parked cars have gone for ever. If you need to come in by car, I suggest you look for other areas to park in, on the same side of the river as your destination.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Parking on Waterloo Bridge

See post #10. Lincons Inn is a better bet any day.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Parking on Waterloo Bridge

Can u still park on Waterloo bridge now and do u know when the congestion zone is free

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Parking on Waterloo Bridge

Can u still park on Waterloo bridge now and do u know when the congestion zone is free

19. Re: Parking on Waterloo Bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 04:15