We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favourite thing about London?

Farwell, Michigan
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Favourite thing about London?

I have been over to London four times now. I have been over once for business but the other three times were for vacation. We absolutely love the place and will be returning in a few months with friends. I am fairly new to Trip Advisor but have been sifting through the forum posts on London. I am sure this question must have been posed before but would love to get views on users best aspect of London? Attraction, restaurant, hotel, smell, whatever..........just must relate to London. Aim of this is to help with our next trip. If there are suggestions that we have not yet experienced we will add it to our 'must do list'.

Farwell, Michigan
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
71. Re: Favourite thing about London?

A fascinating read. Thank you for all your posts, so many things that we have never done or even considered before. Thank you all for your input

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
72. Re: Favourite thing about London?

Rory, we both love the London Eye as well. As someone else has already said we enjoy going to the various shows and by far our favorite was Wicked as well. It is just that! Much like London. Can't wait for our next visit. Awesome forum

Kansas
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
73. Re: Favourite thing about London?

I must add that I really enjoy the shopping around Kensington with my two daughters. It's nice to grab a coffee there and watch the world go by.

Rotorua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
91 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: Favourite thing about London?

North London...Camden Town, Golders Green, Finchley Central. 5 Wonderful years living there in my early 20s.

Also, an old memory which just makes me smile every time I think about it: getting off the back of the old style (Routemaster?) buses when they stopped at intersections or in traffic..it was a wonderful feeling of freedom

oh yes..Top Shop in Oxford Circus. Blew my mind as a 20 year old from a small city back home. Probably will again, as a 40 yr old when I return in August :)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
75. Re: Favourite thing about London?

Has to be the shows and general atmosphere in and around Leicester square. There is so much to keep you entertained. We particularly love going to a show and then finding a restaurant afterwards that will still serve food after 11.00. Back to London in October and can't wait!!!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
76. Re: Favourite thing about London?

Notting Hill. We just adore the area and always reminds us of the movie. So many boutiques and places to grab a coffee and watch the world go by. What an awesome post, a really great read.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
77. Re: Favourite thing about London?

Regents Park in the sun, catching a show in Leicester Square and having an authentic curry in Brick Lane are my three favorite things about the best city in the World.

Leipzig, Germany
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
78. Re: Favourite thing about London?

My favourite thing were always the squirrels in basically every park . I named one Heidi after German top model Heidi Klum, because it looked funny ^^

London, United...
Level Contributor
353 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
79. Re: Favourite thing about London?

The Opera House [obviously] is one of my fave's, as is meandering around Covent Garden, browsing all the tat, listening to the various singers and violinists etc. Relaxing in the nearby gardens adjacent to St Paul's Church whilst having a nice bacon sandwich.

Riding the tube, looking at the underground architecture, old wall tiles, fittings and signs.

Edited: 22 May 2013, 17:39
santa clarita, ca.
Level Contributor
106 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
80. Re: Favourite thing about London?

Running in Hyde Park in the morning.