We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euston tube station, railway station

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Euston tube station, railway station

Are the Euston tube station and Euston railway station located in the same structure? Are they connected? Hammersmith & City tube goes to Euston: when I go out on the street, what street am I am?

Level Contributor
3,386 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Euston tube station, railway station

A few manners will help you....

Euston Underground is part of the mainline station, the station you refer to is Euston SQUARE. This isn't part of the mainline station, its a couple of hundreds walk along the road.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,205 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Euston tube station, railway station

Euston SQUARE station is the station that is served by the Hammersmith & City, Circle and Metropolitan lines. It's about a 5-6 minute walk from Euston station.

When you get out on the street you are on the Euston Road. You'll need the Euston Road north exit for the walk to the station.

From here on Google Maps is your friend.

And you're welcome.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
888 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Euston tube station, railway station

You might want to check your tube make more closely: the H&C line doesn't go to Euston Station, it goes to Euston Road Station. Here is a map of the location showing how where it is in relation to the mainline station: maps.google.co.uk/…

-Moose

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,618 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Euston tube station, railway station

Depending on your destination, you may find that the Underground from Euston Square station isn't as handy as a bus or taking another Underground line from Euston (Underground) station.

To that end, what is that destination from Euston? And at what time of day and on what day of the week do you need to travel? Let us know more, please.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,514 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Euston tube station, railway station

amoose99

You might want to check your tube map more closely as well: there isn't a Euston Road Station, you mean Euston Square Station.

Boston...
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Euston tube station, railway station

I'm reading the replies and see that I'm cautioned to use my manners. Should I have been more beseeching? Yikes, you'd think I was from New York City. Well, some of the replies are just as confusing as the various maps I've been looking at. The plan is to get to Paddington and pick up H&C to get to an exit at Euston something-or-other and trundle down Gower St with backpack. Gower St dead ends or crosses Euston Rd so I know I'm in the vicinity, Some of the maps refer to "Euston Square Station," some say "Euston." I'm just trying to pinpoint where I am when I come out on the street. I guess I should also pay attention to the Heathrow Connect/Express connection to H&C. I would greatly appreciate your comments.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Euston tube station, railway station

There is a Euston tube station and a Euston Square tube station. Different tube lines stop at each. The H&C line stops only at Euston Square. To get to Gower Street, you would use the Euston Road south exit frrom the station, which will place you more or less at the corner of Euston Road and Gower Street.

I question why you are planning to take the Heathrow Express at all. If you are coming from Heathrow and don't mind a short walk, it will likely be as fast and much cheaper to take the Piccadilly line to Covent Garden and walk from there to the Gower Street area.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,441 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Euston tube station, railway station

Part of the confusion might come from the fact that we never shorten street or station names. So Euston (Northern and Victoria lines) and Euston Square (H&C and Circle line) are two different stations that are not connected in any way. The later is a cut and cover (*) line with stairs.

* 20thcenturylondon.org.uk/underground-lines

Edited: 10 May 2013, 17:08
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,618 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Euston tube station, railway station

If you are starting from Heathrow airport and your destination is Gower Street, Paddington should not enter the equation.

You have two choices: take the Piccadilly line to Green Park, alight there and take the escalator up to the ticket hall. Take another down to the Victoria line platform for a train towards Walthamstow Central. Alight at Euston station, where there are escalators to the ticket hall and street level. Walk from the station to Gower Street, no more than 15 minutes.

Alternately, follow the directions from LHR to the Victoria line at Green Park, but alight from that train at Warren Street, where there are again escalators to the ticket hall and street level. Leave the station and turn right. Walk south along Tottenham Court Road (facing traffic) to the junction with Torrington Place - you'll see Heals on the left at the junction. Turn left at Torrington Place and walk about a minute to Gower Street.

If one of the Gower Street hotels (Arosfa, Jesmond, Ridgemount) is your destination, they are on the right, just south of the junction of Gower Street and Torrington Place. The walk from Warren Street shoudln't take more than six or seven minutes.

If your start point isn't Heathrow and your destination not one of the Gower Street hotels, then please let us know why you want to go to Paddington when Bloomsbury is, I think, your destination.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,012 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Euston tube station, railway station

You do need to get a handle on names - street or otherwise - as we don't truncate, so all manner of confusion can ensue. As mentioned Euston and Euston Square are different stations. Euston has both rail and tube, Euston Square is tube (Underground only). In other places this confusion can be more serious (Liverpool, vs Liverpool St, the former a city 200 miles away).

In your case though neither sounds particularly useful. Get the tube to Leicester Square or Kings Cross and walk or bus from either depending which end of Gower St you need.

(but kudos for your screen name which makes sense).